Originally Posted by slowgoesit
I've gone through all of the usercp selections, and I wasn't able to find any that allowed me to set the default for new subscriptions to Daily update/notification. Not sure that it would matter in any case, as some of the subscriptions where I specifically change to Daily, somehow change to Instant without my selecting . . . Oh well, in the grand scheme of things it's a minor irritant, not life changing . . .
1) Go to UserCP
2) In the "Your Control Panel" column on the left, browse to the section entitled "Settings and Options".
3) Within the "Settings and Options" section, 'click' "Edit Options"
4) Within the Edit Options section, scroll down to the "Messaging & Notifications" section.
5) Within the "Messaging & Notifications" section, locate the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section.
6) Within the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section, 'click' the drop-down for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select the default option you would prefer.
 Do Not Subscribe
 No Email Notification
 Instant Email Notification
 Daily Email Notification
 Weekly Email Notification