Old 03-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #1

City: Kentucky
Daily Updates vs Instant Notifications issue

When I subscribe to a thread, I am meticulous in selecting "Daily Updates" vs "Instant Notification" or "Weekly Updates", but about 20% of the time, I STILL end up getting "Instant Notification", clogging up my inbox with multiple (sometimes 10 or 20) "Instant Notifications" for the same thread. I am not one of those people who constantly monitors their e-mail. Anyone else having a similar problem?!?

Note: I check, check again, and check a THIRD time every time I subscribe to a thread to make sure I have "Daily Updates" selected.
Not a life or death issue, but frustrating all the same . . .

slowgoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
Guru

City: Oconto, WI
Vessel Name: Best Alternative
Vessel Model: 36 Albin Aft Cabin
I'm not sure if I get instant updates or daily updates but whatever I am getting I like it.

After a thread has been around a while I don't bother going back to check it out unless it was one I started or one of particular interest to me.

Otherwise i just delete them about once a day or every other day.

pete

Pete Meisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:24 PM   #3
TF Site Team

City: Inland NW
Vessel Name: Pacifica
Vessel Model: Cape Dory
Check your profile settings - many notifications are controlled here: https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/usercp.php

Be sure to scroll down and save after you make changes.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Check your profile settings - many notifications are controlled here: https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/usercp.php

Be sure to scroll down and save after you make changes.

I've gone through all of the usercp selections, and I wasn't able to find any that allowed me to set the default for new subscriptions to Daily update/notification. Not sure that it would matter in any case, as some of the subscriptions where I specifically change to Daily, somehow change to Instant without my selecting . . . Oh well, in the grand scheme of things it's a minor irritant, not life changing . . .
Old 03-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
TF Site Team

City: Westerly, RI
Vessel Name: N/A
Vessel Model: 1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoesit View Post
I've gone through all of the usercp selections, and I wasn't able to find any that allowed me to set the default for new subscriptions to Daily update/notification. Not sure that it would matter in any case, as some of the subscriptions where I specifically change to Daily, somehow change to Instant without my selecting . . . Oh well, in the grand scheme of things it's a minor irritant, not life changing . . .
1) Go to UserCP

2) In the "Your Control Panel" column on the left, browse to the section entitled "Settings and Options".

3) Within the "Settings and Options" section, 'click' "Edit Options"

4) Within the Edit Options section, scroll down to the "Messaging & Notifications" section.

5) Within the "Messaging & Notifications" section, locate the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section.

6) Within the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section, 'click' the drop-down for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select the default option you would prefer.

OPTIONS:

[] Do Not Subscribe
[] No Email Notification
[] Instant Email Notification
[] Daily Email Notification
[] Weekly Email Notification
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #6

That looks like it may work. I was selecting Daily updates every time I subscribed to a thread, but when I REPLIED to a thread for the first time, it defaulted to Instant notification on the subscription. That was my confusion. Based on your directions below, I changed my default, which I wasn't able to find before, and hopefully that will take care of the problem! Thanks again, Scot K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
1) Go to UserCP

2) In the "Your Control Panel" column on the left, browse to the section entitled "Settings and Options".

3) Within the "Settings and Options" section, 'click' "Edit Options"

4) Within the Edit Options section, scroll down to the "Messaging & Notifications" section.

5) Within the "Messaging & Notifications" section, locate the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section.

6) Within the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section, 'click' the drop-down for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select the default option you would prefer.

OPTIONS:

[] Do Not Subscribe
[] No Email Notification
[] Instant Email Notification
[] Daily Email Notification
[] Weekly Email Notification