Admin Notice: Unsolicited Private Messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry M

Guru
Site Team
Thanks everyone for reporting the unsolicited private messages. The IT staff is working on it and it should be remedied shortly.

Just a heads up, the private messages that you received will be deleted from your inbox when the originator is being removed from the server.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. :flowers:

TF Site Team

Warning: the site is pushing malware

Just to add to this, the site appears to be a ripoff of a legitimate Seattle yacht broker's site with a downloadable Windows program that contains malware, according to analysis by VirusTotal. I suspect the sole reason behind the site and spam is to try to infect folks and steal various information.

I'm not mentioning the name of the site or the legitimate broker, but have sent an email to them to ensure they are aware. Hopefully no-one downloaded and ran the program, if you did then you'll want to, at a minimum, ensure you scan your computer with a legitimate malware scanner and be on the lookout for suspicious activity.

Just to add to this, the site appears to be a ripoff of a legitimate Seattle yacht broker's site with a downloadable Windows program that contains malware, according to analysis by VirusTotal. I suspect the sole reason behind the site and spam is to try to infect folks and steal various information.

I'm not mentioning the name of the site or the legitimate broker, but have sent an email to them to ensure they are aware. Hopefully no-one downloaded and ran the program, if you did then you'll want to, at a minimum, ensure you scan your computer with a legitimate malware scanner and be on the lookout for suspicious activity.

We've removed the messages and the accounts that were sending the links. Thanks to all for quick action.

Back
Top Bottom