Water Tank Balancing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GBNI

Veteran Member
I have a 1998 42MY.
The water tanks should balance but it doesn’t appear that they do.
All valves are open, one on aft tank (82usg) and one on the forward tank(155usg).
Any ideas? Thanks

Without a transfer pump it is very difficult to balance water tanks. Gravity works against you. No ideas other than shifting loads on the boat to get it to sit without a list - tanks will then balance.

Are the tank's tops and bottoms at the same elevation such that they are expected to fill & drain in unison?

Also check to be sure the vent lines are clear. A low spot in the hose run with some water trapped in it will prevent balancing. One test is to open the deck fills for both thanks and see if they balance. If the venting is poor, you might even encounter a noticeable pressure or vacuum when you remove the deck fill cap.

Tanks are on same level. Will try opening both filler and see if anything happens

How big is the crossover hose. If it is small it may take some time to equalize. In a previous boat I had 2 tanks. There was a small hose connecting them. I would pump one dry and the next day it would have water in it. To get them both empty took about 3 days.

Back
Top Bottom