GB Large battery box/lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gypsymagic

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
1996 Grand Banks 42 Classic
I’m looking for one large GB fiberglass battery box with its lid. I can trade for one smaller box if interested or just buy the larger one.

If you have one for sale please calculate shipping to Zip 32082 in your price.

Thanks

Like this?

I think I still have it, but it is in Canada (Vancouver).

Attachments

• IMG_4749.jpg
    IMG_4749.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4750.jpg
    IMG_4750.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 7
Just curious Nck, how do you now secure your batteries if you have foregone the original fiberglass boxes?

Carl -

I changed the single start battery (8D) to a Group 31 which I put in a box like the attached illustration. The GC2 house batteries are located in 2 groups between the engine stringers in similar boxes (2 x GC2 in each box). These boxes are very heavy wall plastic, made by a local company - www.centuryplastics.ca.

I am actually going to eliminate the separate start battery and rely on the house battery for cranking, with the backup being the generator to put charge back in the house battery. Gen hass its own G31.

The Group31 appears to have been inadequate for cranking the port engine (stbd was already cranked by the house battery), so during 2023 season I was, de facto, using the house set for starting.

I think this proposed arrangement will add simplicity and also help de-clutter the engine room (I am a strong believer in having easy access around the engines.

Attachments

• Battery boxes.jpg
    Battery boxes.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom