Bottom window track....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

firstbase

Guru
Vessel Name
Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42' Classic
Someone please tell me the magic way to replace the bottom window track "fuzzy" on my '87 GB42 without having to take the entire exterior frame off. My windows are good and the trim is good. However, the fuzzy has deteriorated and is now starting to let some water through when it rains. There has to be an easier way than the dreaded removal of the exterior frame.

I have done five of those on my boat. Not a GB though.
One of mine had to remove the outside frame, the rest, only the inside frame.
Why? The one that I kneed the fixed panel and cracked it, had to remove the outside frame as well as the inside frame.

Have you checked the Grand Banks Owners group Facebook page? A member replaced their tracks, posted about it and also uploaded a file about how they did it. And you can contact the person if you have questions.

Have you checked the Grand Banks Owners group Facebook page? A member replaced their tracks, posted about it and also uploaded a file about how they did it. And you can contact the person if you have questions.

No, I haven't but will. Thanks for the reference. I've never been much of a Facebooker but will take a look.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom