Boat Yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diesel

Vessel Make
1987 GB Classic
Hi all, question for you about boat yards, in Anacortes and Bellingham, my history with yards has been pretty hit and miss. Planning some upgrades, installation of a davit for a larger dinghy and similar physical mods.
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations specifically for GB work that they are REALLY happy with. Oh and is an environmental fee of 2.5% applied to all work (including labor) standard?
I have an 87 GB Classic.

Welcome aboard. Sorry I have no knowledge but wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Check La Conner Maritime. They have always answered my questions over the phone and also provided estimates.

Cap Sante Marine - Great Experience

Not GB specific, but customer service and attention to detail...

I have a dear friend with a Tartan that has been using Cap Sante Marine for years, and he really likes them. So, last fall I booked a quick “in and out” job with Cap Sante Marine - they wanted to block the boat, but we agreed on an early morning hoist and hoped for an early afternoon launch.

I was there early, and the hoist crew were prepping. I noticed single slings on the travelift. They went to the extra trouble of rigging TWO slings, fore and aft, for my boat. The previous 3 times the boat was hauled at other yards, the crew did not take the time to do this.

Once we got out of the water, but were still over the slip, the foreman asked what paint was on the boat and when it was applied. He opined that the bottom looked very good, and that we should not powerwash it (ablative paint).

They raised her up and drove away from the water about one boat length and stopped. After a quick conversation about my work order, the foreman asked if it would be OK to complete the work here, as the boat sat in the slings, followed by an immediate return to the water. Of course I was pleased and said yes.

I found them professional and easy to work with. I appreciate the fact they rigged additional slings on the hoist, increasing safety. The crew was tipped appropriately. They earned my trust and business next time by paying attention to the little details. I felt like it were my marina buddies taking care of me, instead of another PIA customer, and I will be going to them for my next “yard” period.

Good Luck

Hi Diesel!

I like La C Maritime services a lot, I'm moored next door.

The problem is they are booked out to August/Sept for work space on the hard. Just had that conversation with them last week. Best I can do is buy some extra time in the sling for routine bottom/zinc work next week.

The yards are really busy, pent up demand I guess. Good luck finding a spot this season!

Back
Top Bottom