MS390 Bunks to Full-size Bed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Souvenir

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
MS390 guest stateroom bunks: what is the best way to fill-in the walking space between the two bunks to convert them to a full-size bed?

Thanks!

It might help to post some photos of the bunks so that people that aren’t familiar your boat can suggest some things.

Thanks Comodave. Could just stuff cushions in there, but maybe there's a better way. I've seen photos of other MS390's with a double bed here.

Attachments

• bunk1.jpg
    bunk1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6
  • bunk2.jpg
    bunk2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 7
I'd have to measure it, but I'm guessing roughly 10 inches.

How about a piece of 1/2” plywood to span the gap with 2 cleats on the bottom to keep the plywood from sliding out of position. They could be 2 or 3 pieces to divide the length so it would be easier to store. Then just a cushion or 2 to fill in the mattress.

Thanks! I was thinking something very similar. Should close on purchase of the boat in a couple of weeks - will be one of several projects this winter.

In my master cabin the bed is against one side of the hull. If your bed will be against both hull sides it will be a real PIA to get in and out of, and nearly impossible to make it up.

pete

Thanks! I was thinking something very similar. Should close on purchase of the boat in a couple of weeks - will be one of several projects this winter.

Hope it works out for you. Keep us informed.

In my master cabin the bed is against one side of the hull. If your bed will be against both hull sides it will be a real PIA to get in and out of, and nearly impossible to make it up.

pete

If you make custom sheets for each section of the bunks it will be easier to get them on and off. Rather than trying to make the whole thing one sheet split it into 3 or more sections.

Yes - PIA to change sheets. I've had campers that were that way. Good idea to have multiple sections. Thanks.

You can even make pillow cases for the mattresses. That way you don’t have to get into the corner to put them on and they will stay on.

Back
Top Bottom