MS 34 tilt-out trash bin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boiler81

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Serenity Beach
Vessel Make
2009 34 Mainship FB Trawler
New owner of a 2009 MS 34 Trawler. PO removed the plastic can from the galley tilt-out trash bin compartment.
The 7 gal. Rubbermaid can seemed to fit the width and depth, but appears an inch too tall.
Does anyone know the dimensions and/or source for the OEM can?

My 34HT is put away for a long winter's nap...
Have you looked at the possibility of the taller one hanging below the tilting door by 1 inch? I know from ours the compartment is deeper than the door. Worth checking.

Not sure but I have removed the tilt out door to do minor repair. One must remove the frig door however.

Have you looked at the possibility of the taller one hanging below the tilting door by 1 inch? I know from ours the compartment is deeper than the door. Worth checking.

Thanks, the bottom stop block currently rotates the position of the can, causing it to hit the tapered top of the compartment. If I remove the bottom stop, I think I can get the door to close, but I shouldn't need to modify my boat to put a can in unless MS used a custom can?

Have you launched Bacchus for the season?

If so would appreciate finding out make/model of OEM waste can.

I determined my Rubbermaid 14-1/2"L × 10-3/8" D × 15" H won't fit even without door rest, as bottom of can needs to be only be 7-1/2" D

Last edited:
Brad
Unfortunately Bacchus is still high. & dry.
The goid news is we are still in FL enjoying the warm, actually hot Wx with our land Yacht. We start the northerly migration Sun but won't be home up north until til mid Apr. I should get Bacchus uncovered by May 1 and will try to take pics & check the bin. If you don't hear by early May feel free tp send a PM reminder.
You might .oom up and PM TF BellaDonna.
They have the same 2008 34HT and I just helped her list it on TF for sale.
I'm sure she would check the bin info for a fellow TFer MS owner. Feel free to let her know I gave you the connection. She and her husband are nice folks we recently visited with.
Also once you find the bin info if you send it to me I'll post it in the MS Parts post.

Last edited:
Waste basket

My 2005 probably has the same one. Rubbermaid 21qt, 13.9X9X15in. PM me with your email and I'll send you a pic of the label.

My 2005 probably has the same one. Rubbermaid 21qt, 13.9X9X15in. PM me with your email and I'll send you a pic of the label.

LongJohn,
Thx so much for checking this out, this is what I needed.
Now I'm off to try to find out if that size is still sold.

Greetings
Mr. b. One possibility is to cut the too tall bin about 4" up from the bottom then slide the bottom inside the top, overlap the seam about 1.5" to 2" then pop rivet all around. You will have to use a bag and the bin will no longer be water-tight BUT it will be that 1.5" to 2" shorter.

Brad
First trip to boat to finish a project started last fall... adding a fan to the Vitrifigo fridge condenser.
I checked the tilt out waste hin.
It is indeed Rubbermaid. Had no other model / part ID on it.
Measmts are as follows
Top 13" X 9"
Depth / height 15"
Bottom 10" X 6- 1/2"
All corners rounded and tp rim turns down to hang in a groove of the top wood block just below the spring catch.
View attachment 138147View attachment 138148View attachment 138149View attachment 138150

Last edited:
Bacchus, invalid attachment
Thnx
I can see pics this time hope others can

[EDIT] I could see them after posting but now also get the same error msg. Contacted Admin to figure out my problem.

Last edited:
I'll try attaching pics again.
20230423_133656.jpg20230423_133112.jpg20230423_133610.jpg20230423_133550.jpg

That appears to work from tablet using TF App

Seems to work OK... don't understand as I did the same yesterday and had issues???

Last edited:
Brad
First trip to boat to finish a project started last fall... adding a fan to the Vitrifigo fridge condenser.
I checked the tilt out waste hin.
It is indeed Rubbermaid. Had no other model / part ID on it.
Measmts are as follows
Top 13" X 9"
Depth / height 15"
Bottom 10" X 6- 1/2"
All corners rounded and tp rim turns down to hang in a groove of the top wood block just below the spring catch.
View attachment 138147View attachment 138148View attachment 138149View attachment 138150

Thanks for the great info and photos.
I think I found it on-line (Rubbermaid model 280500) and should have it this week.

Glad it worked. Maybe I'll add the model # & info to the MA Parts thread for others to find easier.

Don,

Dave Cronier (MS Owners Group Facebook page) sent me this photo of the waste can with it's label still attached. It shows the PN as just 2805, so I'm not sure if the trailing "00" are needed or not. Might be good to save this photo.
Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• MS34 Tilt out waste can photo.jpg
    MS34 Tilt out waste can photo.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 7
Brad
Thanks I'll add that to the parts thread.

It would be nice if I could fring a trash can that could grocery bags.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom