Mainship 350 Propeller Specs ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mainshiptim

Vessel Name
Table Six
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Hi,

I have a 1999 Mainship 350 with the Caterpillar 3116 engine. Looking to find the specs of the propeller to buy a back up. Boat is in the water so can't check without hauling it out. Can you tell me what you have perhaps. Thank you.

Prop

I have a spare for my 2000 390. I’ll be back to the boat in a couple of days. I’ll see what markings are on it and let you know.

Hawk

i have a spare for my 2003 390 with a Yanmar 370. The size stamped on the hub is 26 R 20. The part number stamped on the hub is 351990. Not sure if your Cat would use the same but I assume it would.
John

Mainship Tim,
I am so sorry to take so long to respond to you.
My boat is a Mainship 390 2000 with the CAT 3126 engine.
The numbers on my spare prop (that a diver installed today) are as follows:
26R 26 1-3/4
Not sure what 352212 is maybe a part number.
Here is my attempt to post a photo of it.
24040-albums1125-picture6928.jpg

The Hawks Nest

Tim,
Here is the hub of the prop that the diver removed. These are the only numbers I can find on it.
24040-albums1125-picture6930.jpg

Tim,
Here is one more of the prop I pulled yesterday. I have no idea which one was the original.
24040-albums1125-picture6931.jpg

Hawk

Thanks again Hawk for the info. very helpful

Does anyone have a prop like that for sale or know of one available, I will be happy to purchase.

Tagging on to this thread: I see that the standard prop for a MS 350/390 is a 26x26. I'm looking at a MS 390 that currently has a 24x26 prop. What would be the net effect of this smaller prop on this boat? Higher RPM for a given speed? Increased fuel consumption?

Thanks.

More RPMs at a given speed so a bit more engine noise. The good side is the prop tip to hull clearance would be better so vibration should not be an issue.

Thanks for the info. Does anyone have any estimates of what the cost might be if I purchased a 26 x 26 four-blade prop?

Souvenir, the cost for a 26" x 26" MY-T4 4 Blade Nibral Prop at DeepBlueYachtSupply.com is $3386 as of 2023-08-13. The bronze version is $2918.
Cheers,
Dennett, recent owner of Mainship 400 single Yanmar bought new in 2007.

PS. I have a new original Mainship 400 Hy-Torq MY-T5 26" x 20" prop for sale (my old spare). Also a beautiful new (never installed) Mainship 400 saloon table top.

Tagging on to this thread: I see that the standard prop for a MS 350/390 is a 26x26. I'm looking at a MS 390 that currently has a 24x26 prop. What would be the net effect of this smaller prop on this boat? Higher RPM for a given speed? Increased fuel consumption?

Thanks.

That 26x26 is for the Cat 3116 engine and tranny set up. If you have a different engine/tran set up with different rpm power curves, your numbers may be correct for your set up. Don't get caught up in comparing apples and oranges. If you do have a CAt 3116 then the smaller dia prop will change the power curve somewhat but probably not enuff to really cause any problems. Think of it like a Nascar or Indy car with 6 spd tranny. Sometimes they run 5th gear, other times 6th gear for top end depending on track etc. Your boat will act differently if lightly loaded or heavily loaded. They try to stick a prop on that will perform the best over the entire range. That's why propeller driven aircraft prefer a variable pitched prop to get best climb and cruise performance. They need a different prop depending on what they are trying to do. Some larger boats have variable pitch props and keep engine running at optimum rpm while adjusting the prop to fit the power load.

Most prop shops have all that in their computer which can be modified for your specific needs. So go to a prop shop and talk to them…..SMILE

where in Canada are those Props made?

Does anyone know?

I am getting quotes to make one here in the UK by an American company just over 1K pounds

You will also need your transmission ratio, engine hp, and direction of rotation of the trans output.

Back
Top Bottom