1988 Mainship 35 Mediterranean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crowley

Hello, new to the community. Recently become the owner of a 1988 Mainship 35 Mediterranean. Still trying to learn as much as I can about it. I'm not new to boating, but new to trawlers. I've looked in the library for information but only found spam. Anyone have or know where I can get any manuals or literature on this boat?

Thank you.

Hello, new to the community. Recently become the owner of a 1988 Mainship 35 Mediterranean. Still trying to learn as much as I can about it. I'm not new to boating, but new to trawlers. I've looked in the library for information but only found spam. Anyone have or know where I can get any manuals or literature on this boat?

Thank you.

Welcome. FWIW, the Mediterranean series were not "trawlers" (in the sense that many heavy cruisers here are thought of as trawlers).

Mainship made their original "trawlers" from approx '77 (or maybe '78?) to '87 -- actually manufactured by Silverton before Luhrs Group spun off Mainship into it's own company.

Then during the 1988-1997 (?) years they focused more on planing hulls, with some convertibles, motor yachts, and the two (or three?) Mediterranean series boats.

And eventually returned to trawler-hood-ness (?) in approx '98 with the 350 model (which later morphed to the 390) and then others after that: a 43, 400, 34 again, I think a 47, maybe a different 43... something like that.

The Mediterraneans seemed to be nice planing-hull boats, decent interiors. A boat neighbor repowered his gas 43 (I think it's a 43) with Volvo 480 diesels, not something everyone might do but he was in the engine business.

I think there's quite a lot of Mainship history posted here, by Bacchus and others. Not sure whether that might include models like yours, though.

-Chris

Hi Christopher and Welcome aboard TF.
As a moderator I'd be interested in specific cases of spam you found in the Library so we can take care of it.

I have not seen much documentation concerning the Med model and agree it was likely produced by Luhrs. Most MS documentation is not very helpful as it is pretty generalized. There are a few owners / models that have indicated they received / included schematics, but those cases are rare AFAIK.
The best advice is to make a list of various component mfg & model # and search for those online and/or here on TF. I have posted many component manuals in the library as well as my Bacchus website ( linked in dignature)
The other decent source in the Marlow- Mainship section... there is a parts "sticky" thread (that stays at the top of the section) that has directions to access part pics & source info for many parts used by MS, Luhrs & Hunter. They are not searchable, so you'd need to scan the thumbnail pics to find something that looks similar. If you click on the thumbnail, it opens the larger pic w part # and source info for that part.
For the MS 34T/ HT owners, I was able to find & post the actual BOM that is searchable to find the part photo #, which saves some time vs scanning thumbnails.
It's really unfortunate, but a lot of info was lost when Marlow bought out MS and had no interest in continuing to provide owners with the fairly extensive MS info that was online.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom