6 x 12 zinc plate for CHB 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwurfbain

Vessel Name
Patience
Vessel Make
CHB 34
I am looking at the last hull cleaning report and I want to get ahead and get my 12 x 6 zinc plate ordered.
Can someone recommend a particular make and model?

Arohanui

Diver's Dream or Martyr. Most any chandlery has them, got mine at Defender.com. They come in zinc, aluminum, and magnesium. Don't know where you are, but zinc is for salt water, mag is fresh water, alum is both. Just order the closest size in the appropriate material. They have long slots for the mounting bolts so spacing is not critical. They are not boat make/model specific.

Last edited:
Diver's Dream or Martyr. Most any chandlery has them, got mine at Defender.com. They come in zinc, aluminum, and magnesium. Don't know where you are, but zinc is for salt water, mag is fresh water, alum is both. Just order the closest size in the appropriate material. They have long slots for the mounting bolts so spacing is not critical. They are not boat make/model specific.

Thank you!

In salt water you can use either aluminum or zinc. However you need to use all of one type, don’t mix them with each other.

You should not mix the anode metals. I suggest you consider aluminum rather than zinc. Auminum is less expensive and aluminum has about twice the electron life as that of zinc.

Back
Top Bottom