Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Trawler Systems (https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s31/)
-   -   New A/C Controllers (https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s31/new-c-controllers-61889.html)

angus99 01-17-2022 10:03 AM

New A/C Controllers
 
1 Attachment(s)
Getting ready to replace three aging Cruisair split systems on our boat. The antiquated controllers are about seven inches high and perhaps two inches wide. The replacements will be more like 2.5 inches high and 3.5 wide. For those of you who have done this, what did you use for a bezel to hide the vertical holes that the new controllers wonít cover. Pictures would be much appreciated.

rslifkin 01-17-2022 10:07 AM

Marine Air (now Dometic) makes a plate that fits the old 3 knob control spot and has a smaller opening for their newer electronic controllers. My boat has those from when the original A/Cs were replaced. I've replaced one again with a Webasto unit and was able to get the Webasto controller into that bezel as well (not quite a perfect fit, but good enough).

angus99 01-17-2022 10:19 AM

Thanks, and a followup for those with new controllers: which model did you go with and how do you like them?

angus99 01-17-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rslifkin (Post 1069130)
Marine Air (now Dometic) makes a plate that fits the old 3 knob control spot and has a smaller opening for their newer electronic controllers. My boat has those from when the original A/Cs were replaced. I've replaced one again with a Webasto unit and was able to get the Webasto controller into that bezel as well (not quite a perfect fit, but good enough).

Not finding this on their site, unless youíre referring to the SMXii controller. I thought as long as I was doing this, Iíd incorporate WiFi-capable controllers into the A/C systems, which the SMXii doesnít seem to be.

sailormike 01-21-2022 09:34 PM

I have micro air controllers. They are amazing in the RV world they are the only retrofit WiFi and programmable thermostat for dometic rv units. That being said I have one on my Fifth-wheel. They also make a wide range of models for marine units. as far as making a adapter plate I use a lot of teak as our interior is full of it.





Quote:

Originally Posted by angus99 (Post 1069174)
Not finding this on their site, unless youíre referring to the SMXii controller. I thought as long as I was doing this, Iíd incorporate WiFi-capable controllers into the A/C systems, which the SMXii doesnít seem to be.


angus99 01-21-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailormike (Post 1070798)
I have micro air controllers. They are amazing in the RV world they are the only retrofit WiFi and programmable thermostat for dometic rv units. That being said I have one on my Fifth-wheel. They also make a wide range of models for marine units. as far as making a adapter plate I use a lot of teak as our interior is full of it.

Thanks, Capt. Iím liking the micro air controllers as well, and might use them with new CTM units. And I found a nice slab of teak that should cover the old openings nicely.

sailormike 01-22-2022 07:30 AM

I am getting ready to retrofit a marine airrr unit now with micro air system. I am a dealer for micro air as well and might be able to save you a few bucks. just let me know.





Quote:

Originally Posted by angus99 (Post 1070804)
Thanks, Capt. Iím liking the micro air controllers as well, and might use them with new CTM units. And I found a nice slab of teak that should cover the old openings nicely.


Choices 01-23-2022 07:56 PM

You probably can use the old controllers. I like them because they are dirt simple. The one I have now is digital, and you have to punch buttons to change fan speed out of auto. The old style you twist a knob. Much easier when moving in seas.

Comodave 01-23-2022 09:15 PM

I have used Starboard to make them for different things that were smaller. It is pretty simple to do.

Cleanslate 01-24-2022 09:42 AM

Angus99! Your PM box is full.
I can not send you a reply

angus99 01-24-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleanslate (Post 1071331)
Angus99! Your PM box is full.
I can not send you a reply

Sorry about that. I did make some room this morning. Saw some PMs from you and replied. Will be bE getting more stats for you.

Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012