This is fishing in Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Purina chow and Milkbones. ;)

or as many say in the Northeast US about bluefish.... Roast with favorite sauce and small potatoes on a wooden plank at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, remove, let stand for 5, toss out the bluefish and eat the potatos and wooden plank. :)

Last edited:

or as many say in the Northeast US about bluefish.... Roast with favorite sauce and small potatoes on a wooden plank at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, remove, let stand for 5, toss out the bluefish and eat the potatos and wooden plank. :)

Love this! Diane and I are one of the few that like Bluefish. I do trim out most of the darker meat however.

Rob

OMG SO True!!! I grew up in New England, eating Blue Fish. I have spent a goodly amount of time over the years explaining to people that "I don't care how your Grandmother made it. I've had bluefish every conceivable way possible. If it's not smoked, I'm going to politely pass."

Smoke is the ONLY way that bluefish is edible, IMHO.

Having eaten many a bluefish.... all the old wives tales on how to prepare/ cook it is why people usually hate it.

My eating habits of them.... only take under 3 pounders for that nights fresh barbeque meal. The meat is white if immediately bled and cooled after being caught (up north stuck in a bucket of seawater for a few hours is good enough). Most people comment while eating it is that the flounder is really good tonight.

If you like fishcakes, possibly resembling crab cakes....save a few bigger ones and bleed, then filet and freeze them. After a few weeks...they can be baked/broiled/grilled but try not to let them cook in too much of their juices as that is the fatal flaw as it seems. For these cakes....a little of that flavor makes them taste more like crab cakes. After cooling, just mix the flaked meat up with the regular crab/fish cake recipe and enjoy. Again I have people compliment me on my crab cakes. Probably not Marylanders though...they can sense if a nice Jimmy Crab was ever even in the room. :D

Most bluefish properly handled and smoked I love too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom