Next on the list, waste tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bleacherfan

Vessel Name
Chacha
Vessel Make
1972 Grand Banks
Let me start off by thanking everyone that gave me very helpful information on our water tanks, thank u thank u. So water tanks taken care of. Now we HAVE to replace the waste tank. I found only one place that has the dimensions we need, 8" x 8" x 30" at Tank Mart. Only problem it'll take at least 2 weeks. Does anyone know where we can get one sooner than that, we are in the bay area. Thanks in advance everyone!! I Always appreciate any help from this forum.

Two weeks sounds pretty good considering that they will probably need to install ports in the tank. Do you know what the tank is made of? If it is polyethylene there is glue available to do repairs. Check to see if there is a TapPlastic near by. They may be able to help if you are interested in doing a repair in polyethylene.

Ronco Plastics is in Tustin, CA. Phone # 714 259 1385. Their website lists all tank sizes available:

ronco-plastics.com

They are probably one of the largest tank manufacturers out there. However, they carry hundreds, if not thousands of sizes and wall thicknesses so each tank is roto molded to order and fittings installed per customer preference.

They rushed an order for me to get a client back together in a hurry. 10 days to receive in the PNW. Since you are in Californea, knock a couple days off.

You will need a scale diagram of your tank with all ports precisely located and labeled.

I recommend two 1" vent ports on either side of the tank to encourage air flow and less smell.

If they will not sell direct to you, PM me and I'll get you a price

Last edited:
I managed to find the Tank Mart website...they appear to be a distributor retailer for several mfrs, one of which is Ronco Plastics, who make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank. There are retailers who sell Ronco tanks, but Ronco sells direct for a much lower price...and they're great to work with. Plus, if by Bay Area, you mean SF Bay they're just "down the road" from you in Tustin CA, so you can prob'ly get the tank a lot faster too.
Ronco Plastics marine Tanks is their latest catalog...most people find it easier to search their previous one Ronco Plastics old marine catalog

--Peggie

I agree on the Ronko tanks. They are very good quality tanks and good customer service.

Another vote for ronco tanks. Purchased both water tanks and waste tank from them. Very satisfied customer. Thanks Peggy for the recommendation many years ago as well

John

8"x8"x30" is only about an 8 gallon tank at best (depending on wall thickness) and I figure with fittings, you'll only have about 5 - 6 gallons of usable capacity. In my opinion, that's far too small to be of any real use. What restricts the waste tank to that size?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom