Lambda variant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse? From the article: "The researchers say that it is not yet known whether this variant is more transmissible or more pathogenic than other variants or whether it is able to escape vaccine-induced immunity."
So worse? Maybe, but so far it us unknown.

Last edited:
Oh boy! I can see where this thread is going. :)

Greetings,
Mr. t. Not attempting to troll. I've always known here would be mutations as this is the nature of viruses. My question was basically, what happened to the OTHER Greek alphabetical designations of the variants? As I said, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, Theta, Iota and Kappa.

Greetings,
Now a "new and improved" (worse) mutation. Lambda. What happened to the Epsilon through Kappa designations or are they not naming in alphabetical order?

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...s-potential-to-become-variant-of-concern.aspx
Note the qualifications in the article. But turning to the important issue, alphabetical order, it must be maintained. Fyi, a book on spoken and wriiten "Australian English" was published here a while back, the author was the noted "Professor Afferbeck Lauder".

Oh, good. A virus question without political overtones!

I assumed the other letters were assigned to potential other strains on a provisional basis. Maybe they turned out not to be distinct strains. Maybe they were only detected once and never showed signs of spreading. Sort of like tropical depressions which never become a named storm.

But, have faith. Someone will come along with a conspiracy theory about how it's all being controlled by a secret cabal from "the other" political party.

And, @BruceK, you almost had me stumped there with "Professor Afferbeck Lauder." I had to work up my best Aussie accent before it even sort-of worked.

I assumed the other letters were assigned to potential other strains on a provisional basis. Maybe they turned out not to be distinct strains. Maybe they were only detected once and never showed signs of spreading. Sort of like tropical depressions which never become a named storm.

From the linked article there were 19 variant strains studied between D & L which means only 7 were provisionally named.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom