Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• 2036D18C-3E6A-4FFC-B75D-F3C2E63A9714.jpg
    2036D18C-3E6A-4FFC-B75D-F3C2E63A9714.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 90
Besides that being a really nice, stout looking craft... what is in [disturbing] the water at portside bow?? Does not look like thruster push... unless maybe the first second of the push.
It is a thruster. They were turning.

Caught my eye somewhere else. Quite a boat.

Oops. in reply to Frydaze #8908

Attachments

• 334.jpg
    334.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 128
Looks like an old PT boat.
Wonder if it has Packard V12’s?

And now for an eye catcher!

Spent a wonderful weekend enjoy the Pocomoke river. Saw this Kadey Krogen 48 on the way up, and something caught my eye. On the way back, I took a picture.

20200615_080941.jpg

A custom hard top. Hard to visualize all that leverage in big seas, but it's impressive. Haven't decided how I feel about it, but it did catch my eye. Here's his blogspot, which describes the fabrication.

https://sylkensea.blogspot.com/?m=1

Ted

I like it. I can't imagine you would even know that top is up there on that FD hull.

I wasn't thinking of leverage to the boat, but leverage on the two supports with no front support for the roof. Wondering how much the roof flexes going into big seas.

Ted

I wasn't thinking of leverage to the boat, but leverage on the two supports with no front support for the roof. Wondering how much the roof flexes going into big seas.

Ted
It looks like carbon fiber construction. Probably stronger and lighter than it appears at first glance. Looks well done.

Caught my eye somewhere else. Quite a boat.

Oops. in reply to Frydaze #8908

CONTRABAND 2019 New England Boatworks. Built for a great American yachtsman to replace a previous NEB sailboat he built over 20 years ago.

It looks like carbon fiber construction. Probably stronger and lighter than it appears at first glance. Looks well done.
Their blog states that the struture is carbon fiber and the entire thing weighs 310 lbs.

Yes, impressive boat.
400 hours in 12 years on the engine and maybe less on the generators might be a little concerning.

Ted

Not everyone can use a boat as much as they like, those hours wouldn't concern me, maybe that's why he's selling, can't find the time to use it.

As long as there were no big periods of non-use in there, I wouldn't be too worried about those hours either. That averages out to about 33 hours / year. That's low, but depending on how the boat was used, not crazy. Just doing weekends close to home, if I went out once every weekend for a 4 month season, that could easily be only 25 hours on the engines.

Not everyone can use a boat as much as they like, those hours wouldn't concern me, maybe that's why he's selling, can't find the time to use it.

I understand that. For a boat like that, I would be concerned that it had one or two seasons after refit and then sat with little or no use.

Just an observation based on numerous dock queens owned by people with big plans that never happened.

Ted

Yes, impressive boat.
400 hours in 12 years on the engine and maybe less on the generators might be a little concerning.

Ted
That 8 foot draft is a non starter for us East coast fellas[emoji33]

We visited this one

Pretty sure this one has been on the market for quite a while. BC or PNW if I remember correctly, used to be green. Neat boat for the right people.

When the first builder/owner sold her , she was in Hull fitted with one rebuilt Gardner 8 cylinder, painted in blue with empty hull.
We like the form of the hull.

Yes, I believe you are correct. I was thinking of BANSHEE, listed on yacht world as a 58 ft in BC. Which is green...

Pretty sure this one has been on the market for quite a while. BC or PNW if I remember correctly, used to be green. Neat boat for the right people.

Correct - I still have a 2013 copy of a listing of her, with a green hull.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom