Happy Father's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
To all you dads out there.

Won't be seeing the children today as they are all on the other side of the country but will be firing up the grill this evening with some friends.

Shout out to the Dads :thumb:

Our daughter and I will be doing an exploratory day hike up Artemis Peak, on the Skeena River, BC, Canada. There's no mention of a trail anywhere that I can find, but should be game trails to link up following a prominent ridge.

It's a Matterhorn-ish peak which appears insignificant because it sits a couple thousand feet lower and pasted right in front of the Seven Sisters Range's 5,000' of hanging glaciers & near vertical north face.

It's a retirement dream to climb Artemis at this time of year and stay for about a week because it's the only time of year when sunrise hits the north face of the Seven Sisters. Don't know how far up we'll get because it's been snowing on the higher peaks lately and there might be sections where roping up (won't be taking that gear) would be a good idea.

Dare to Dream!

Last edited:
Well, the ridge didn't have the game trails I thought it would, but instead found a trail we didn't know was there. It dipped into the valley between Weeskinisht (another mountain pasted to the side of the Seven Sisters) and Artemis Peaks, so we followed it for a couple hours to a small lake.

We did see an old trail that split off towards Artemis, so we'll try that one next.

Awesome day. (See signature below)

Hope all you other Dad's had a great day as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom