B.C. Becoming Concerned Over Cruise Ship By Pass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And believe me the last thing I want is sympathy from anyone. I was simply painting a picture of what a some what normal family is going through.
We are grateful!!

It’s unfortunate everyone can’t see the blocked out replies! Kinda makes my comments look out of place....

I think everyone will understand why the posts have been deleted, you don’t need to worry about it. Please thank all your health care relatives for their great work.

Well all in all I think things are going pretty good! I was diagnosed with cancer in February 2020 and I’m still alive. My mother died of cancer during Covid and I couldn’t see her. My wife is a nurse and is currently isolated in my bedroom and I haven’t been able to see her in almost 14 days. It’s Easter tomorrow and I can’t have our Grand kids over.
We are all alive and healthy and for the first god damn time in my life I will say thank god for technology so we can at least each other.
Give your bloody head a shake that you are paying a price!, what you can’t go to chucky cheese,,! Simply entitled idiots are going to destroy this world.

And yes we were silly masks in my own home! My wife is a nurse my daughter is a nurse, my daughter Inlaw is a nurse, my step daughter is a care aid, my mother was a care aid.
Trust me we have this **** figured out!

It is great to hear you are surviving cancer, Oky. What does that have to do with the Covid? Or with BC whining about American cruise ships and their tourism dollars bypassing their province?

The only entitlement I expect or receive is liberty. Not sure what you saying...

I think everyone will understand why the posts have been deleted, you don’t need to worry about it. Please thank all your health care relatives for their great work.

Agreed

When a thread goes off the rails, it would be nice if the moderators could just restrict access for the offenders and let the thread live on for those that know how to color within the lines. Thread closure seems to punish all for the actions of a few.

When a thread goes off the rails, it would be nice if the moderators could just restrict access for the offenders and let the thread live on for those that know how to color within the lines. Thread closure seems to punish all for the actions of a few.

This thread was off the rails from the outset with the original opening "Alaska Senator introduces legislation U.S. to by pass B.C."

The Bill put before the Senate was to amend the Jones Act/PVSA, not "bypass BC."

The Bill, if passed, could easily have applied to other jurisdictions.

Greetings,
Mr. MP. "...Alaska shouldn't suffer for Canadian decisions." True and the reverse is true, as well. Canada shouldn't risk potential suffering/death for American decisions (failure to adequately deal with the pandemic).

Your "self inflicted harm" might be better described as self preservation.

I don't think Canada has caught up with the fact that their infection rate isn't really different than that of the US at this point, and theirs is increasing rapidly while the US is, so far, relatively flat. Death rate in Canada currently significantly exceeds that of the US. The US is fairly well along the path to vaccination, and despite erroneous reports the contrary 95% of people can vaccinated can neither catch nor transmit Covid, that's how vaccines work. The flatting of the curves in the US vs places Canada and Europe may be a reflection of the deployment of the vaccine. Since the US started vaccinations in December about 1/3 of the population has had one dose and 17% are fully vaccinated. This contrasts sharply with only 1.7% of Canadians being fully vaccinated.

Looking at Sweden it suggests that isolation was the wrong approach in the long term. Sweden continues to do very well and is not experiencing the spike that countries such as France and Germany are experiencing.

While there's lots of hype about CoVID it remains advisable to return to the actual data rather than what newspapers or even some 'experts' say.

Slowmo.
You think deaths, 607 per million in Canada is catching up to 1711 per million in USA

By countries in the world the USA is #14 and Canada is #62 in deaths per million

This thread is about cruise ships and the Jones Act and BC couldn't care less if cruise ships go from Seattle to AK if that is what America wants

I am just hopeful everyone will get vaccinated over time and we can put this all behind us. It does concern me how the world could be so unprepared for something like this. Also concerning is how easy it is to see something like this being weaponized. I think canada is right in limiting people from coming into the country and i am sure that as soon as this crap is over everyone will be wanting to come see what Canada has to offer.

Greetings,
Mr. s. "Other than disagreeing with the CBC..." WHAT??? Now that's just crazy talk. You can't simply disagree with the Canadian Broad-corpsing Castration. It just isn't done.

giphy.gif

True. Why open the gates to certain infection?
Compare the close neighbours Australia and New Zealand situation. We followed similar paths on avoiding/resolving Covid, with varying episodic levels of success and failure. Next month are looking at a reciprocal "travel bubble", no quarantine on arrival( Aust has been letting NZers in on that basis for a while(with one suspension). I hope it includes proof of vaccination.
Once USA completes vaccination Canada might even reassess. Presumably excluding those not vaccinated.

Oh God, I am so dying to go to Canada! From a Florida point of view actually not a place I miss. Heysus Christo folks, the Keys, Bahamas and Caribbean are next door. Granted we do not have glaciers.

Oh God, I am so dying to go to Canada! From a Florida point of view actually not a place I miss. Heysus Christo folks, the Keys, Bahamas and Caribbean are next door. Granted we do not have glaciers.
Been to the keys, Bahamas and Caribbean, you are correct, no glaciers.

Ken, did the link change since you posted? 2 trillion infrastructure bill now.

Link worked for me, but you have to subscribe or join (pay) to read more than the first two paragraphs or so . . . I guess I'll be forever wonder what it said!:D

Just wait a few tens of thousands of years, they may be back!:D
True. But I belong to a secret society called "Alaskans for Global Warming."

Our goal is to turn Alaska back to the warm tropical pairdice it once was.

So, as many said long ago, this thread and political actions were all just more gossip, a waste of time and anxiety.

Victoria has a 2022 draft cruise schedule of 350 ships; 90 more than the record set in 2019. Vancouver has 284 lined up.

Much ado about nothing.

I don't think future cruise schedules mean much of anything anymore. I've been watching Boot Dusseldorf's website and social media pages. We've wanted to go for years. Biggest boat show in the world, involves many millions of dollars (euros), and supposedly it's still on (51 days out) -- but I don't know how on earth they're going to hold it with the current tensions in Germany (and Austria next door). They delete the most angry arguments and comments on their FB page but the intense conflict still spills over. They can't delete the angry comments fast enough from potential attendees about the vax or test requirements for the show. They'll have testing booths right there in the pavilions, maybe next to the Mantus Anchor booth, yipee! I don't mean to turn this into a COVID thread, but I think we're well past the point where business economics or revenue drives access decisions or border policy any more. Seems to me it's driven by fear, conflict, tension and power now. Of course the US and Canada aren't Germany (or Austria next door) or South Africa or Greece but I don't think I'd invest a single penny of my portfolio on future cruise schedules. Pessimistic I know but I don't see a sunny resolution for all this for a long time.

I don't think future cruise schedules mean much of anything anymore. Of course the US and Canada aren't Germany (or Austria next door) or South Africa or Greece but I don't think I'd invest a single penny of my portfolio on future cruise schedules.

You’re right, the west coast cruise industry cannot be compared to most anywhere else, let alone to the European version of the Hatfields and McCoys.

A hastily pulled together two month season (Aug 26-Oct 21, 2021) saw 82 port calls and 229,000 passengers run, through Seattle.

Only another pandemic like, international problem, will affect the 2022 west coast season.

I bet if other ports are checked they too are overbooked from before.
My guess, reserve extra sailings from ports and wait to see which ones can fill the ships later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom