81 Californian 34 shower drain plumbing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masonturner

Hey guys. I have my new water heater on the way and ready to take showers, without walking down to the Marina showers. Here is my issue. the Drain in the shower appears to just go into the bilge.... obviously a hose went away... How do I access it to repair? i have tried so many angles. Jut aft of the shower wall is the Electrical panel. There is no room under there. I tried from under and i can't really even get fingers under. I also pulled up the carpet just outside the head and go excited when I saw an access board.. However that only shows the bilge itself and a few wires going to the windlass. SO... HOW DO i REACH IT.? I have a sump shower pan arriving tomorrow... I think I can run a drain from the shower to the box... if low enough that I can get it sorted quick.. I just need to know HOW to access it...

UPDATE.. I HAVE THE EXACT SAME AS THIS...https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s24/shower-sump-connection-60231.html
but i dont have the access.

Last edited:
Do you know where the drain hose was? Different boat but my shower drain line went to shower sump box. The line went through a hole in a stringer. I opened that hole by about 3/4" which was just enough to squeeze my hand through it and replaced my corroded and destroyed drain.

I explained here how I approached this and it worked for me.

I have a hose from the new shower drain to an inline strainer to the pump to an above-waterline through-hull drain.

Not exact, but related for a smile
I removed the tank the shower drained to when I bought Phelps. Nice access hole in the top, pump to discharge etc. But when I got it out, here's this perfect 2" round hole in the bottom of the tank. DUH!
NO WAY this was not done in Taiwan when built

Back
Top Bottom