OMG Houston.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
b793e325_f3bf_403f_9ecd_66651090e2e1_daebe9c7a3705929983fc4b79c9daea2932a8264.jpeg

Wifey B: Mahomes is incredible. The whole KC team is too, starting with the coaching. They scored touchdowns something like 7 times in a row they had the ball. It was like they were running plays against their scout team. They didn't even try to disguise what they were going to do by running the ball. :D

Wifey B: Houston could have made the superbowl if they'd had the Astros signal stealing team. Manager and GM suspended a year and fired, team fined $5 million and loss of draft choices. 1 Down, 1 To Go. Red Sox could be next. :eek:

If I was a betting man it wouldn’t be against you on this one. Alex Cora came from the Red Sox and is implemented in MLB’s report on the Astros. :whistling:

Hubby B: And he's a great manager, but I think his penalty may be greater than Hinch. Cora gets credit for the implementation in Houston, then taking it to Boston. Hinch didn't implement it. He just didn't stop it when he became aware.
The commissioner refers to the entire culture in Houston. I wonder about the departure of the Ryan's. I'd love to hear the truth of why they left. This is serious and it all occurred immediately after the Commissioner issued a warning to all teams about how seriously any use of electronics would be treated. Kershaw is probably screaming out "Now you know." Astros batters hit so much higher at home than on the road.

I'd fire them all for stupidity. You know players are going to play elsewhere and at some point they'll report you. Former Astros pitcher is all it took. You really think they're going to keep it secret?

Many of us have hit in batting cages and felt like we were major leaguers. I even hit when I was young against a good minor league pitcher. I could handle the batting practice fastball. However, he fed me a couple of his best fastballs and a slider or two and kept me guessing and out of maybe 10 pitches, I swung at them all and got one foul tip and nothing else. Then he said he'd tell me what was coming and I was shocked that about the fourth fastball I swung at the right time and hit the ball to the outfield. Then sliders and about the fifth slider, knowing it was coming, I hit a grounder. I wasn't very good even knowing what was coming, but knowing sure made a huge difference.

This is horrific for MLB, basically admitting (after they get Boston) that the last two World Series Champions have cheated to win.

This is nothing at all like the Patriots Spygate. There's no evidence that anything they did really helped them or ever impacted a single game, much less a championship.

I think baseball and teams really need to look at another way for catchers and pitchers to communicate. Perhaps ear pieces and microphones. Sounds bizarre, but signals are susceptible, just like base coaches signals to batters are. They're legally stolen all the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom