MS 40 DC Owners Manual wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IdleHour

Hi all!
Any links to a manual? I’ve poked around, maybe I’m missing it.
1985 40 MS DC
Found a general wiring one, but I’d like the operator one.
Thanks!

Did you post that you had twin Perkins diesels?

Yes, I’ve got twin Perkins and a Westerbeke genny.

Any manuals, the owner’s, operator’s or engine manuals, would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Yes, I’ve got twin Perkins and a Westerbeke genny.

Any manuals, the owner’s, operator’s or engine manuals, would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

You have the "range 4" Perkins engines, I do not have that manual, only the manual for the older Perkins.

Which Westerbeke do you have? I have a manual that was for my 1983 Westy and it covers several models, both 2 and 3 cylinder.

You have the "range 4" Perkins engines, I do not have that manual, only the manual for the older Perkins.

Which Westerbeke do you have? I have a manual that was for my 1983 Westy and it covers several models, both 2 and 3 cylinder.

I’ve got the WMD80614. The Perkins are the ST6.3544M
Is there anything like a general manual or a extended brochure for the boat? From Mainship perhaps that you’ve seen beyond engine manuals?

I’ve got the WMD80614. The Perkins are the ST6.3544M
Is there anything like a general manual or a extended brochure for the boat? From Mainship perhaps that you’ve seen beyond engine manuals?

Send me a PM with your e mail address and I can send the Genny manual. It covers the WMD 8.0 which I think might cover yours.
That's all I have.
Jay

This doesn't exist from any boat manufacturer. It's not like an automobile. The boat manufacturer manufactures the deck and the hull, then marries the two together. They then install all 3rd party items.

The 'manuals' are a collection of OEM manuals for each item in the boat. If it's a Princess Stove/Oven, then it will be a manual for that model from Princess. The head, pumps, Electronics, fridge, stereo, etc. Even my steering system has it's own manual.

The engine and generator will require that you purchase a service manual.

There is no such thing as an operators or owners manual.

This doesn't exist from any boat manufacturer. It's not like an automobile. The boat manufacturer manufactures the deck and the hull, then marries the two together. They then install all 3rd party items.

The 'manuals' are a collection of OEM manuals for each item in the boat. If it's a Princess Stove/Oven, then it will be a manual for that model from Princess. The head, pumps, Electronics, fridge, stereo, etc. Even my steering system has it's own manual.

The engine and generator will require that you purchase a service manual.

There is no such thing as an operators or owners manual.

Thanks Shrew—I had found one a little more comprehensive than just engine for my old sailboat, had been wondering.
Appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom