Moving to upstate NY, take the Halvorsen with me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, one of the only reports of someone actually moving to NY, most are running! We're near Buffalo but I travel the entire state for business, and love the Finger Lakes. IMO its is the best part of NY. We too love the canal system but do most our boating on Ontario.

NY is a great state, we really love living here... beside March, March seems to have 57 days in it.

Wow, one of the only reports of someone actually moving to NY, most are running! ...
NY is a great state, we really love living here... beside March, March seems to have 57 days in it.

Yup. I've spent most of my life swimming against the tide. But in my defense, I am running from Baltimore as far and as fast as I can. Inmates running the asylum, quite literally. I spent every summer (early May through early September) as a kid at the family's place on Trout lake. It was a wonderful way to grow up. The house was hit by lightning and burned to the ground in the early eighties. A Google Earth view now shows countless McMansions and what appears to be a big sporting complex on what we knew as "High Huddle." Times change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom