Hatch lifts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

holty

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
2003 30' Pilot II 6LPA
The engine cover hatch lifts on my 2003 Pilot II are getting ratty. I can't find a model number on them. Does anyone know the replacement specs? thanks

regards Holty

The engine cover hatch lifts on my 2003 Pilot II are getting ratty. I can't find a model number on them. Does anyone know the replacement specs? thanks

regards Holty

Curious, What do you mean by getting ratty? I have a 2004, so want to understand what you mean, so I know what to look for.

Water found its way into engine hatch insulation and then drained on lift pistons. They have become rusty and corroded. I have cleaned them and oiled them up but want to be ready with replacements. thanks

regards Holty

I used these LGP10-280-200 after I added sound insulation to the hatch and the original pistons would no longer hold it up. The last set of digits is the capacity in pounds. My originals were 100s. www.industrialhardwaredirect.com and cheap too. ��

I can't answer your question directly, but having had to replace various gas struts on my boat, here's where I've found them all: https://www.bansbach.com/en/.

The website is semi-technical (at least for me) but the options are nearly endless and you can order directly. Good luck.

Pilot II hatch lifts

I have a 2003 30' Pilot II. My engine hatch gas pistons are nearing the end. A while back someone posted a replacement model number. I can not find it. Thanks for any help.
regards Holty

I think I found the post you’re looking for. I bumped it to the top. If not use search “hatch lifts “

regards Holty

If you measure the extended length, the end connection (ball type) and guesstimate the hatch weight, you can search "Lift strut" and find something that would work.
I found mine on Amazon. Here is what I bought for both the summer kitchen lid and generator lazarette.

JR Products GSNI-5150-40 Gas Spring

Back
Top Bottom