GB 46 classic- Broken Window Fix Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sheelawa

Vessel Name
Part of the Plan
Vessel Make
1990 Grand Banks Classic 46
Hi all,
We have a few broken salon windows in our "new" 1990 GB 46 classic. Wanted some tips/advice on replacing them. We have the owners manual with instructions on how to remove them. Just wondering what peoples ideas/thought/advice are? We will be moving boat in November to Brunswick Landing, GA. Thanks in advance!
Sheela

Hi all,
We have a few broken salon windows in our "new" 1990 GB 46 classic. Wanted some tips/advice on replacing them. We have the owners manual with instructions on how to remove them. Just wondering what peoples ideas/thought/advice are? We will be moving boat in November to Brunswick Landing, GA. Thanks in advance!
Sheela

No tips to offer but I am following. Does it have the wooden frames on the outside that have to be removed? I would be interested to see their instructions on removal.

Go to my blog, grandbankschoices.

I rebuilt all my windows and refinished the frames.

Sorry, no easy way.

PM me with questions.

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Here are the screen shots of the manual and the broken glass. Says you can remove without removing the wood frames. These are NOT the front bow windows.

I'll message you. Thank you!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

Yes, welcome and congrats on picking a great boat.

I just read your blog. Thank you. It seems like the windows are within metal frames that can be "popped out" according to the manual. It doesn't seem like the windows are part of the teak frame.

If you are not going to remove the frames to get the glass out, them maybe the use of a suction cup handle (like used to pull dents out in automotive repair) would help with lifting the panes out of the tracks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom