Ford Lehman 120 injector pump oil change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mobcat

Hi All have a Lehman 120 and for the life of me cant find the drain plug to change oil in the injector pump, and it seems like such a critical service item relative to longevity of pump, by other photos provided by owners of lehman 120 my injector pump looks different mine has a hose going from the top of the oil filter to the injector pump which i suppose puts engine oil into the injector pump and making the need for oil changes redundant and unnecessary :dance:
Thanks in advance for any advice
Michael

Attachments

• IMG_8346.jpg
    IMG_8346.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 32
are you sure thats a lehman 120? looks like a 135 what is the ford number on the valve cover? i have a american diesel it looks like yours.

if its a 135 you don't have to change the oil .see the line goes from the oil filter housing to the pump .

I agree with the injector pump thinking it's a 135...but the chromed valve cover could be easily switched like mine...a 130 with shiny valve cover.

Best to get the block serial (at least according to American Diesel).

mine is an american diesel 136 not a Lehman and doesn't have a chrome valve cover. it also has 120 type manifolds . if it's a american diesel it will have the oil cooler in the fresh water loop .

Back
Top Bottom