DC trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vessel Name
Lucky Star
Vessel Make
50' Marine Trader
DC experience?

The Admiral and I are planning a DC trip thus spring. Has anyone stayed in a DC marina for a 2 week stay?

Check out the Capital Yacht Club. I haven't stayed there but plan to next year. It's a nice one day cruise for me from my home port in Southern Maryland. Has good reviews on Active Captain and easy to get to DC attractions. - Semper Fi!

Public Rates
SCHEDULE OF FEES – Transient Rates
Adopted January 2020
Slip Fees:
For vessels 65 feet LOA or less: $3.00 / ft / day
****Week of July 4th $4.00/ft/day
Discounts for vessels 65 feet LOA or less:
PRYCA and CBYCA 10% Discount (provided that the other Club has reciprocal arrangements with CYC, only one discount applies)
Anchor Outs:
$16 / day
Electricity:
$10.00 per day per cord (30AMP)
$20.00 per day per cord (50AMP)
Pump-outs:
For vessels 65 feet LOA or less: $10 / pump-out

You definitely want to stay at one of the marinas on Washington Channel. It has been really nicely developed since we were there by boat 10 years ago, and is very convenient to all the site seeing. My direct experience via boat is way out of date but the Yacht Club and Gangplank have been mainstays for a long time there.

I can't comment on marinas...but my guess the reason to visit DC is to see the many great sightseeing spots.

I wonder what will be open even by June.

I can't comment on marinas...but my guess the reason to visit DC is to see the many great sightseeing spots.

I wonder what will be open even by June.

There are not that many of the expected sightseeing spots that are that visible from a boat.

The Wharf marina is in Washington Channel. Don't know the fees, but this is the waterfront area that was redeveloped over the last few years. There is also a newer marina near Washington Nationals Park.

Have a look at the three Potomac and DC posts on here.

We stayed at the Capital Yacht Club soon after it reopened. First class facility and people. Walking distance to the Mall and Smithsonian's etc.

2018 Posts | AtAnchor.com

In case you are not aware, Mt. Vernon has a dock you can use to visit the place. When we went, we had the only boat in the dock.

In case you are not aware, Mt. Vernon has a dock you can use to visit the place. When we went, we had the only boat in the dock.

Also be aware that the water in front of Mt. Vernon is quite shallow. There is a narrow channel marked that will get you from the Potomac River channel to the Mt. Vernon dock.

The Mt. Vernon approach channel is south of Mt. Vernon proper. If you want to cruise past the front, be aware of the shallow water.

DC experience?

The Admiral and I are planning a DC trip thus spring. Has anyone stayed in a DC marina for a 2 week stay?

We stayed at the gangplank marina. They have both mooring balls and slips. A bit long in the tooth, but met great people and walking distance to the capitol. In re : mount vernon, docking space is limited and the very boats clearly have the focus.

We stayed at the gangplank marina. They have both mooring balls and slips. A bit long in the tooth, but met great people and walking distance to the capitol. In re : mount vernon, docking space is limited and the very boats clearly have the focus.

I was going to mention the ferry boats/docks earlier - but it could very well be that they are not running right now. Worth checking.

Back
Top Bottom