Cost of a million dollar boat in 15 years?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
With the current trend of boats selling like hot cakes...
With inflation on its current trend and deprecation being what it is. Where do you see the cost of a million dollar boat in 15 years if said boat is in fair condition? Lets pick one of my favorites just for fun.. as its one I would like to own in 15 years.

2021 Nordic Tug 44. Currently around 1.2m new I am guessing.

I know each make/manufacture is different pending the wants of many and the location of said boat.

Our 1978 Egg sold new for 250k. 43 years later its worth about 1/2 of the original price on the West coast, 20% less on the East Coast.

For you that have been around for a while, and found your dream boat before you could own it. Did you trend what they were going for, problems the boats had and watched how many were coming up for sale? Or did your wants/needs change over that 15-20 year span and did you change your outlook on what you needed/wanted?
I know my father use to watch the 4888 line when he was in his late 40's. By the time he was in his 60's he decided it was to much boat and wanted a simple classic GB 32. Stating it was wise to go smaller, less stairs, more room to work on the single and a simple but proven layout.

Back
Top Bottom