When things go to fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listen ing to what you say. Keep your current boat make pAyments and extra expenses to a savings account. Go out and sail the bigger boat with the owner and get a feel for it. Put in for the 50 foot covered space. But the boat when they award you the space. You will almost have the cash at that time. If you change your mind you still have the savings. Just my .02

I've seen that Hatteras 43 Fisher docked in Everett...although she's in pristine condition, she sat there for years because sport Fisher isn't that popular in the PNW.
I'm assuming these are 8V92 TAs. Most people would run those DDs hard in a sport Fisher so engine rebuild is required at every 2500 hours.

If those 892's are original. they are likely 892TI where the charge air coolers are behind the blower, and use 9200/9215/9225 injectors. Rated from 500-600hp. If so, these are a rather mild rating for the engine and can easily do 4000hrs. Not at all the same record as the 892TA at 735. 735 run hard was asking too much from the engine.

600 GAL that alone would hurt my budget. Been looking at bigger better boats as well. I heino and Cummings are easier on fuel but again another post.

I did that in the last month in the 33' Egg.

Took a tour of the 48'. Its a dam nice boat, owner wants to hang onto it for a bit longer. We will re-visit this topic in a year or so.

The 33' is getting listed next week, we are moving forward on the 48'.
We want more room and extended range to head farther up North. It needs a bit of love, but every boat does. Wish us luck, as a lot of Stars need to line up to make it all work.
Owner of the 48' has offered us a few months to sell ours and close on his.
First step is to sell ours, then out of water survey of the other one, and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom