Thread: Water leak dye.
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
Northern Spy
Northern Spy's Avatar
City: Powell River, BC
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Northern Spy
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 26
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,144
You can buy water dye in liquid or tablet form. Used in public works application. I actually have some tablets from my past tracing underground storm drain tie-ins to outfalls. Probably the same stuff they use in holding tank overboard detection.

Ask a public works guy. Got mine from Acklands-Grainger.

For low volume, could use food coloring at a high dose.

Can also buy a cheap UV flashlight which might help with some color detection.
Northern Spy is offline   Reply With Quote