View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #10
Willie Earl

City: Tuscaloosa, AL
Thanks for the welcome and the opinions. This isn't my first woodie but it is my first Trawler. Previously I restored a 1959 Owens 30' Cruiser. Unfortunately a huge tornado hit Tuscaloosa AL in 2011. Completely destroyed the marina along with my Owens. I finally came out of mourning and this is my new project. Hope to do some cruising in the coming years.
I've been very impressed with the level of interaction and experience on both this and the Grand Banks owners board.
I certainly would like to replace the old transducer with new. My hesitation is that many woodie owners have bad stories to tell about removing and replacing old transducers. They are extra long have faring blocks and who knows what the installer used for adhesive. That may be why there are 4 on the boat now. The airmar tester is a great option. However at a $1500 purchase price I'm going to check with the Marine techs around town and see if anyone has one.
We do have one yard left with an old timer that is great with wooden boats. The boat is in Nashville on the Cumberland River/ Old Hickory Lake.
Willie Earl is offline   Reply With Quote