Summer 2018 on the CA Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
I'll be spending as much time as possible on the delta this summer and would enjoy anchoring out with others who are interested in getting together. I typically anchor solo (not rafted) and launch a dink to get around from boat to boat or to access shore destinations.

July will find me deep in the Delta for the Mandeville Fireworks and gunkholing throughout my favorite areas. I expect to remain aboard from about July 1 to 15. Favorite areas include Steamboat Sl, Georgianna Sl, So Mokelumne/Tower Park area, (not so) Secret Cove, Mandeville, The Bedrooms, Mildred Island and Bethel Island area.

August 4 is Taste of the Delta which I have enjoyed in the past. This year it's at Village West Marina on 14 Mile Sl. Not sure if I'll make it this year, but it's a possibility. If I make it, then I'll probably stick around the Delta to anchor out for a week or two.

If you like to anchor out and want to join the fun, feel free to post on this thread. It helps to have a powered dinghy unless you plan to stay at marinas.

Ever spend some time on Prospect , Sutter and Cache Sloughs? Some sweet anchoring in there, very pretty.

Yes I have and love the area, too. Miner Slough, Cache and Prospect are old fishing grounds for me. Great place to explore via dink. I probably won't get that far N of Rio Vista on my July trip, though.

I grew up in Sacramento. Summer was hot days and warm nights. We had AC in the house. We don’t have AC on the boat. Do you delta cruisers have AC? Do you use it? If not, hows the evenings and nights?

Yes I have and love the area, too. Miner Slough, Cache and Prospect are old fishing grounds for me. Great place to explore via dink. I probably won't get that far N of Rio Vista on my July trip, though.

Al,

We should be in the delta, Bay Area next year, June July time frame. Hope to be able to meet up and tell lots of lies! Hope your able to put a few other Tfer’s together for a mini get together. We are excited to get to warmer weather.
Currently, we are heading back down river on the Snake with Tom and Kay of ASD, and hope to enjoy the 4th with (Mike&Tina) GFC in Tri Cities. They have promised us a great time. Gotta love the Tfer’s we meet along the way.
Cheers, John and Tracey

I grew up in Sacramento. Summer was hot days and warm nights. We had AC in the house. We don’t have AC on the boat. Do you delta cruisers have AC? Do you use it? If not, hows the evenings and nights?

Woodsea, I'm heading down next week with temps of 85-55. Sacto will be 95 and it's 85 in the Delta with a 10-20K breeze.

Even when it's 100+ in Sacto, the eve's are 70.

Delta humidity is normally below 40% even on the water! I've never had AC or bug screens in 11 years of ownership with LOTS of anchoring and I've never really regretted it. OK, once or twice I wished I had bug screens.

It can get downright chilly in the evening watching the fireworks in sub-70 temps. Jackets are the norm watching the Mandeville Fireworks.

Al,

We should be in the delta, Bay Area next year, June July time frame. Hope to be able to meet up and tell lots of lies! Hope your able to put a few other Tfer’s together for a mini get together. We are excited to get to warmer weather.
Currently, we are heading back down river on the Snake with Tom and Kay of ASD, and hope to enjoy the 4th with (Mike&Tina) GFC in Tri Cities. They have promised us a great time. Gotta love the Tfer’s we meet along the way.
Cheers, John and Tracey

Sounds excellent, John! Looks like one hell of an adventure you guys are on!

I'll start stocking up on your drink of choice. Tell Mikey I said Hi.

Back
Top Bottom