TF Gathering in SE Florida 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...We are already lining up seminar presenters... Larry M will be doing his presentation on short scope anchoring this time adding How to Do Short Scope Anchoring Using a Concrete Block for an Anchor...

Don: Lena and I will be there. I'm already working on the course material. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Anchor Man..jpg
    Anchor Man..jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 90
Larry it wouldn't be a party without you! Watfa better make more food and I'll bring more Carmalitas (they now have three runs). [emoji16]

That's great, Blue; but just one case?:ermm:

OK, we have one more to hear from before setting the dates for just before or just after the Miami Boat Show. If they can make it, they will walk away with the farthest away prize-----the coveted MOONSTRUCK T shirt. :socool:

Don

I might be coming from Hell depending on the mood Watfa is in. Does that count?

Don

I might be coming from Hell depending on the mood Watfa is in. Does that count?

That would count, Irv; but I'm counting on Wafta being in a good mood.:D:

I pray for those days. LOL

Don and Scott - she's always in a good mood around you guys. I guess it's me, that may be a clue in police work. :)

You mean like this? :D

Attachments

• IMG_9044.jpg
    IMG_9044.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 65
You got it. Happy ladies = happy captains.

In the past it has always conflicted with the Miami Boat Show so I've never made it. I'm retired now so I don't have to work the show! Maybe I'll make it this time.

You What???????Retired!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :facepalm: :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in the store the other wanting some Raritan CP (they will order it for me), when I asked fir Parks even the long time employees didn't know who he was. LOL. Just kidding. But if is nice to see the old gang still employed and giving the same great service.

You What???????Retired!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :facepalm: :thumb:

Yup, retired and sold the business to a family who has been a friendly competitor for about forty years. They kept all my employees which was a big concern for me.

They are using part of the parking lot and the dock to offer service and installation which is something I never did. I think it's a smart idea and it seems to be generating sales for them.

Yup, retired and sold the business to a family who has been a friendly competitor for about forty years. They kept all my employees which was a big concern for me.

They are using part of the parking lot and the dock to offer service and installation which is something I never did. I think it's a smart idea and it seems to be generating sales for them.

That's great news Parks. when are we going to see you over this way?

Parks

You lost your dock for the boat? Oh no!

Interesting. What type of work are they doing?

I hope you get a Founder's Family discount. :D

They are treating me increadably well. I still have a computer there and the bookkeeper is helping me shut down my company. I should explain, they didn't buy the company, just the assets. My families company is the Hopkins-Carter Company. They are Hopkins Carter Marine LLC. I'm flattered that they wanted to keep the name.

" I'm flattered that they wanted to keep the name"

Flattered? I sure hope you sold the name/goodwill. It was worth a fortune! :)

Serious bling being added to Possum, and perhaps Capt Parks? Inquiring TF'rs want to know..Retirement cruise rigging doesn't happen overnight,it takes time.

Steve

I'm sure he will have the latest electronics and fish finding equipment available. LOL

Serious bling being added to Possum, and perhaps Capt Parks? Inquiring TF'rs want to know..Retirement cruise rigging doesn't happen overnight,it takes time.

What takes a whole lot of work is shutting down the business, recording the asset sale, accounting for it all.

This is how I'm picturing Parks dressed at the Ft. Pierce gathering.

Imagine a pimped out, high bling, loud-horned,well illuminated Possum with underwater lights strutting into the marina to a rockin' songlist blaring across the FB Soundbar!

Good grief guys! Poor Possum is just an old neglected lobster boat! She needs to be painted, the cabin headliner needs replacing, her canvas is going on twenty five years old, cushions need replacing. We won't even mention the teak trim, I'm thinking paint.

Her engine is in good shape. New air conditioner. New plumbing. New bilge pumps.

Parks

So what you are saying is she is being pimped out to be the show boat at the Miami Boat Show 2018. :)

Good grief guys! Poor Possum is just an old neglected lobster boat! She needs to be painted, the cabin headliner needs replacing, her canvas is going on twenty five years old, cushions need replacing. We won't even mention the teak trim, I'm thinking paint.

Her engine is in good shape. New air conditioner. New plumbing. New bilge pumps.

Yeah, Parks, but you said that Possum was going in for a complete refit. We heard you. We expect Possum to be looking so good, that you had better spend some time in the salon yourself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom