Aqua Signal Type 40 how to open up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve1

Veteran Member
I have an Aqua Signal type 40 anchor light. I am trying to figure out how to open it up to change the bulb without breaking it. It probably not been opened up for 20+ years. Anyone know how to do this?

Attachments

• 20221024_121416.jpg
    20221024_121416.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 10
Some Aquasignal lights had a very long thin screw that held it together but this doesn’t look like one. It may have a screw on top. Try gently turning the top and see if it unscrews. Have you looked for an owners manual online?

Twist it carefully, it only takes about 30-40 degrees. It comes apart where the clear lense meets the black plastic, I think at the bottom of the lense but not certain. I could not find a manual anywhere and dried salt makes it stick. Light tapping seemed to get it loose for me

Maybe lube it with something to help the dried up salt break free. I looked for a manual too and didn’t find anything either.

This is what the base looks like, if you look carefully you can see the track on each side where the lense inserts and rotates. Search on ebay for a higher resolution pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024-134101_ZxJSrOhg9w_CrtFfcbP8W.jpg
    Screenshot_20221024-134101_ZxJSrOhg9w_CrtFfcbP8W.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 13
you guys are the BEST! thanks so much - i got it off with a little WD-40

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom