Perkins Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustCruisin

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Friar Tuck
Vessel Make
1987 Monk 36
I have been going over my new to me Perkins 6.354 (1987) and there are a few things I need...like a temp sensor and some hoses. Can anyone give me a recommendation of a good place to get parts from. It's in a Monk 36....thanks

I second TAD .Spoke with them today about exhaust parts. In my opinion they speak Perkins Diesel better than anyone.

For the Green boat with a 6-354 I matched them up at our local NAPA. Some were too long and had to be trimmed. Otherwise, it was an easy solution.

Rob

I second TAD .Spoke with them today about exhaust parts. In my opinion they speak Perkins Diesel better than anyone.

Are your you planning to have your reverse rotation coolant pump rebuilt this off season or did you go south? I told myself I was going to but haven't got around to pulling it yet.

Mine isn't leaking but I would hate the loose time during the season.

Are your you planning to have your reverse rotation coolant pump rebuilt this off season or did you go south? I told myself I was going to but haven't got around to pulling it yet.

Mine isn't leaking but I would hate the loose time during the season.

Gdavid,
Now you got me thinking about the coolant pump! Our issue is with a slight exhaust leak where the “pot”, attached to the turbo is mated to the exhaust riser. Maybe, I’ll get lucky and only have to replace the donut gasket between the pot and riser,if not the pot needs to be replaced. We’ll see when I remove the pot and inspect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom