Greenline Hybrid: Solar Panel, Solar Charging & Propulsion Battery Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can only agree with what PeterB40 said. I never turn my 48v Hybrid drive switch off, except when the boat is on land and/or not being used. You do not need to worry about the Generator charging the hybrid battery too much. It will taper down as it nears full charge and then stop. You will be able to see this at the helm in the DDI (Dynamic Data Interface, which is the little round gauge with a black frame next to the Victron BMV602 gauge). The Victron BMV602 gauge may show some positive amps even though your battery has reached the ~53v fully charged state from the diesel perspective, but this is because some solar charging will occur for a short period after that...and then this too will eventually stop around 53,8v, if my memory serves correctly). So, my recommendation is to just leave that switch on all the time while you are running the boat. If you really want to run with it off (and I can't imagine why), then turn it off before you start your diesel engine.

I checked the wiring diagrams and now I realise that actually the electric motor/generator remaing allways connected to HCU (Switch disconnect the 48V from HCU) and so the HCU need to be operative to manage Tensions and Currents from the generator.
I think I will never have real need to run in Diesel with the HCU OFF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom