Running Lehman 120 on home heating oil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
??...so are you saying you could care less about what you are doing to our planet or global warming as long as it saves you money? Most would say they care and how everyone should work to end the problems while drinking out of a plastic cup, wearing plastic shoes, spraying herbicides insecticides etc. all because its legal with no thought about the long term effects of what they are doing.
Now what about me; I am wearing plastic shoes, a habit i have recently decided to seek alternatives to. My issue is there are real leather shoes on the market but they seem to have polymer soles. I use no man made chemicals on my land or in or around my abode and do have vehicles using both diesel and gasoline.

Anyway in today's world it is not easy to change but for most things there are alternatives. There are some very interesting electric marine power systems some with a fairly decent range.
Bottom line is if we wish to change things for the better we ALL must be willing to belly up to the bar and accept the higher initial costs.[/QUOTE]

??????????

Jesus Christ, lighten up and go suck on a bag of granola! Lmao.

Listen, the only way to evaluate my contribution to polluting the environment is to assess my carbon footprint. I am fairly confident mine is less than yours. (I bike to work, dont use plastic water bottles unless traveling etc…..)

Like i said, go suck on some granola and don't judge folks unless you know what your talking about. ?

This is a good thread, a few questions:

On the lubricity question, does the Lehman 120 injection pump oil lubrication system address this issue for that pump?

Secondly, assuming for a moment that high sulfur diesel were used in a newer Tier3 marine diesel, would the diesel operate long term with no issues other than more frequrpent oil changes?

Lastly, do oil refineries in China, Russia, India, Mexico, Venezuela or the Middle East have low sulfur mandates for marine engines?

On the lubricity question, does the Lehman 120 injection pump oil lubrication system address this issue for that pump?

Secondly, assuming for a moment that high sulfur diesel were used in a newer Tier3 marine diesel, would the diesel operate long term with no issues other than more frequent oil changes?

Lastly, do oil refineries in China, Russia, India, Mexico, Venezuela or the Middle East have low sulfur mandates for marine engines?[/QUOTE]

Its a good question, but the injection pump on the Lehman 120 has its own oil reservoir. It takes straight 30 weight. I change every 100 hours. It is a more modern oil, but I don't know if all is equal, so to speak.

I think if it is after 2007, you could run into problems (i think it has to do with particulate filters etc... and they get clogged, but there could be more)

From my understanding and reading some data online, China has gone to ULSD. (at least that is what they have stated, lol) I think it may have to do with product capability with motors. (US diesels made to operate with high Sulfur Diesel years ago had to be retrofitted to be sold in Europe which already had the ULSD standards in place.

It may have been a decision based not only on ecological and political considerations by china, but practical ones too.

I was too lazy to look up the other countries, but felt obligated to look up china since I started this whole mess of a thread, lol.

My sleuthing (old data maybe) says North America, Australia, Europe and very few others are using ULSD. The rest of the world is using 2000 to 8000 ppm diesel with no differentiation between heating or engine use. It would be interesting to see if China's low sulfur usage is current or planned.

It would seem that about 85% of the world's population is without access to ULSD refining capability. Mandates only work if refineries produce the product. For world cruisers low sulfur diesel may not be easily found. Doubtful one's diesel really cares.

PSN
Good data. Nice to see the world making progress on S limits in diesel.

As one who used to deliver HHO in my region NJ they just changed in the past 2 years for #2 blend to add lubricity. Could be just at the one rack I was load up at but it is added to HHO as well as #2 Off road. The base diesel all comes from the same tank just different formulas added at the time of loading from the racks.

It never hurts to toss a bottle of power service in the tank.

I’m not sure how much you would really be saving if during the unlicensed , uninsured transport of these hazardous materials you were in an accident and the stuff ended up outside the non approved shipping containers or caught fire, etc., etc.

Would not matter how much money you had it wouldn’t be enough.

You would be in so deep they would have to pump air to you.

No offense but this is not smart.
Uninsured?

You mean a tanker doesnt carry insurance to transport FUEL?

Sorry bud, your post doesnt add up

I was working a diesel mechanic for Mack Trucks back in the late 70's/late 80's. There was a push to remove sulfur from the fuel for environmental reasons. We began to see fuel leaks everywhere. The sulfur was swelling the rubber seals and the new fuel allowed the seals to shrink. It was a fairly expensive fix for the truck owners. They had to remove injection pumps to replace seals and have them re-calibrated. They also needed to add lubricants to the fuel (Marvel Mystery oil seemed to work well) as the sulfur was a lubricant itself. Low cetane will definitely cause performance issues but I don't know of any damage being done.
Big no-no on Marvel Mystery Oil. It DECREASES lubricity!

Big no-no on Marvel Mystery Oil. It DECREASES lubricity!
When used as an additive to the fuel? Added to the crankcase oil I can see it affecting lubricity, but as an additive to fuel it helps lubricate rubber components. There is a different MMO formula for use in diesels after 2007.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom