Propeller Sizing_ Equivalents/Alternates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SD_Compromise

Vessel Name
Compromise
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 43'
Greetings!

Did some digging around the forum thinking this would be a sticky thread but came up short so I apologize if I missed it and would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

'87 Marine Trader 43' w/ Perkins 6.354s w/ 3 bladed 25x20s

Survey indicated I need to replace existing props (pitted, thin/sharp edges). However the props on there seem to be a unique (or atleast hard to find size).

Looking to find a good set of used/refurbished ones to replace them with has been a challenge. Looking to find out:

1. If owners of similar boats have this size prop as well?
2. What are some decent equivalents/alternates to look for (trading diameter for pitch, etc..)?

Appreciate your help!!

prop help

I have had good experience with Deep Blue Yacht Supply
https://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com
I glanced at there web site, it does look your problem is the 25" diameter. Props typically come in even inch sizes in larger diameters. That's not a big deal. You could have a 26" reduced to 25". Deep Blue could do that. But I doubt you would have to. Deep Blue has an excellent prop size estimator that I found to be quite accurate. Give them a call and see what they recommend. You might be able to swing a 26" prop, or a larger blade area 24" may work. Perhaps a 4 blade instead of 3 blade. Call them and they will have a recommendation or two. Next ou will have to decide if you want bronze or nibral. Nibral is stronger but the cost is about 25% higher. is the difference worth it? Probably not. I would also keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist. Category boats parts on Craigslist. You might get lucky. I found a new pair of nibral 4 blades on Craigslist for $800 this spring in the right size. These would have been over $3500 from a dealer. Good Luck and enjoy your new boat.

Back
Top Bottom