Northern Lights 843 (12kw) Anodes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikehar

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gallivant
Vessel Make
Northern Marine 64
Ok, I'm stumped. Where is the anode on a 12kw NL genset? Looked all over the cooling system (which is on the far side of the gen, ugh) and have not found it yet. It was easy to find on the 25kw. Any one have one of these beasts?

Ok, I'm stumped. Where is the anode on a 12kw NL genset? Looked all over the cooling system (which is on the far side of the gen, ugh) and have not found it yet. It was easy to find on the 25kw. Any one have one of these beasts?

There aren't any. That's why you can't find them.

I had the same problem? The NL parts manual stated that there could be one at the heat exchanger. It turned out to be a plug.

No anodes from the factory the way I understand it.
Probably a conversation for another thread but why can’t other marine engines be built without anodes? My Yanmar 4LH didn’t have any. One less thing to worry about.

Last edited:
My 6Ly Yanmar has 5 and 2 more for the transmission cooler. Three different sizes. No big deal, just more to do.

This one threw me for a loop my first time swapping zincs as well. The one thing I have noticed is that the 843 eats impellers at a pretty fast rate so I added an impeller check/swap to my list when doing the main engines zincs.

Wow, thanks guys. This was on my list to do on both NL gensets.

Our Hatteras is relatively new to us so I've been doing hundreds of upgrades, maintenance items, etc. Glad to delete one line from my work list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom