Bet you can’t figure this out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Farandaway

Veteran Member
While looking at both engine raw water impellers to see if they needed changed my tags got lost and I don’t know which outlet on the impeller housing goes to the seacock to let water in and which goes to the engine to cool. I’ve enclosed a picture of the housing but they seem to be no help as both holes are marked out. Specifically RH OUT and LH OUT. The only other marking is LH ROT with an arrow. I’m taking these to mean right hand out, left hand out and left hand rotation. If both are marked out, which of the holes in for the water to come IN from the seacock? I know I could look for water coming out the exhaust but I’ve got underwater exhaust extensions and can’t see water coming out. PLEASE HELP. I don’t want to ruin my engine.

Attachments

• F03371B2-1CC0-48D6-A229-06998B3BBA1D.jpg
    F03371B2-1CC0-48D6-A229-06998B3BBA1D.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 37
Put your hands (one each) over both holes and have someone turn over the engine with the fuel solenoid off. You should feel a vacuum on one of them. That's the "in".

This is what I have found and concur from the diagrams I could find....

Got Freedom? , 03-19-2011 09:31 PM
The RH and LH refer to the rotation of the engine as to the right or left when facing the front. RH is the most common and which would put you your intake hose on the top of the pump. The intake hose is the one that leads to the transom assembly. The other hose that leads to the cooler and then the engine is connected to the RH OUT fitting on the bottom.

https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums...nnecting-raw-water-pump-mercruiser-5-0-a.html

Back
Top Bottom