Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-26-2017, 08:56 PM   #21
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Aaaaaa come on Art, that hurt, We almost had your bridge, "The Bridge to Nowhere,Alaska" My dear former Governor whom I adore, Sarah, took that one away, which in my mind was a good thing, At $400,000 000.00 with a population of 13,000 souls just that alone should raise questions. Bridge maintenance is reported to be 5% of the construction cost annually, (Reason so many bridges across the country are derelict in maintenance, the money is not allocated but rather spent on other priorities.)
So the state which is currently facing a negative budget challenge, would have an added $2,000,000.00 annual allocation for just maintenance.
So no bridge purchase from "Honest" Art.
Al

I'm serious, while throwing in some humor. Your creative post 17 is very well written. Feeling and meaningful... two terms I'd use as descriptions.

I do a fair amount of writing for my businesses. I know good text when I read it.
__________________
Advertisement

Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:36 PM   #22
Al
Guru
 
Al's Avatar
 
City: ketchikan, Alaska
Country: usa
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Al

I'm serious, while throwing in some humor. Your creative post 17 is very well written. Feeling and meaningful... two terms I'd use as descriptions.

I do a fair amount of writing for my businesses. I know good text when I read it.


Well new forum members you now see what wondrous items of conversation we carry on with. To this associate poster, known to all among the elder posters of the forum, I humble blush in honor of his profound words of praise.

Al
__________________

Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:59 PM   #23
Art
Guru
 
Art's Avatar
 
City: SF Bay Area
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Well new forum members you now see what wondrous items of conversation we carry on with. To this associate poster, known to all among the elder posters of the forum, I humble blush in honor of his profound words of praise.

Al
I blush back at cha... Al!!

Oh heck, now that I look in the mirror... I realize it might be red lipstick cheek marks.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:09 AM   #24
Al
Guru
 
Al's Avatar
 
City: ketchikan, Alaska
Country: usa
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I blush back at cha... Al!!

Oh heck, now that I look in the mirror... I realize it might be red lipstick cheek marks.
Shush your mouth!!! folks think we having a love fest

Good night all.
__________________

Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012
×