Damage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damage

Hello there
Dave from portsmouth uk.
I have a senator 40 with twin FL 120s
just joined finding it interesting to hear other
peoples ideas .

Given your screen name righting the boat is a good place to start in preventing damage. Welcome

Welcome aboard. Not uncommon for photos to load upside down or sideways.

Hello there
Dave from portsmouth uk.
I have a senator 40 with twin FL 120s
just joined finding it interesting to hear other
peoples ideas .

Hi, Dave, and welcome to the group. Our sense of humor may sometimes seem strange, I suppose, but trust me that all of the above comments really are just a way of also saying "welcome."

Bill

that really messed with my brain. not sure if i should call my doctor.

Pic looks ok from downunder. Welcome Aboard!

Welcome aboard. Not uncommon for photos to load upside down or sideways.

Not uncommon for apple
Never ever had it happen on any other device

And welcome aboard Damage

Upside-down

Thanks everyone.....ill have to get my 4 year old nephew ?
To sort out the picture

I use an Iphone and used to have the same problem till a helpful TF member set me on the right path. In order to successfully upload a photo from an iPhone the right way up you need to do the following:

Open the photo on your iphone or on your laptop if you've already transferred it to a laptop.

Open 'edit'.
Make a change to the image in edit. It can be anything, like a tiny change to the brightness for example.
Save the resulting image and then upload that image to TF. It will appear with correct orientation.

~A

I use an Iphone and used to have the same problem till a helpful TF member set me on the right path. In order to successfully upload a photo from an iPhone the right way up you need to do the following:

Open the photo on your iphone or on your laptop if you've already transferred it to a laptop.

Open 'edit'.
Make a change to the image in edit. It can be anything, like a tiny change to the brightness for example.
Save the resulting image and then upload that image to TF. It will appear with correct orientation.

~A

It is not restricted to i-stuff. I had to use the trick to fix photos from my Canon digitl camera.

R-Escape

Thanks Alan.
That's my boats name.
Its all gobaldegoop to me being
Old I'm sure he will work it out .
D.

I've never had anything Apple, but my pics often load sideways from my laptop where they look fine. I don't usually try to fix them, just tilt my head to the side is easier.

Hi welcome to the forum.
I an also in the UK; based in the HCA club's marina, in Grimsby. Mine is a Fairways trawler 38, with twin Ford 212 Sabres. Was previously residential in Brighton for 20 years, so took some sorting out. Hope you have some fun.
Mike

Hi Mike, good to hear from folk in the UK. But tell me something. My wife and I love to watch that program 'Escape to the Country', mainly because we love all the views of the countryside and all those charming small towns and villages - something that we really don't get here downunder - but we are also interested in the amazing olde houses. However, whenever there is a seaside or lakeside scene with boats, we are amused at the huge number of fenders they all tend to proudly carry all round their vessels, and clearly sail around with them like that, and never bring them in. Here it is considered a bit 'un-kosher' to not bring one's fenders in when on the move. Is this a 'British' thing, or are the boaters over there very bad drivers..? Just wonderin'... :D

Welcome aboard Damage!
The rest of you stop encouraging RT Firefly. Nothing good can come of it.

Here it is considered a bit 'un-kosher' to not bring one's fenders in when on the move. Is this a 'British' thing, or are the boaters over there very bad drivers..? Just wonderin'... :D

We see it in the US along the AICW and many inland rivers. From the pictures I've seen, it's pretty common in English and European canals, too. I guess in those places where you're always going through locks or from dock to dock, it starts to make sense to leave the fenders out all the time.

But here in the Northeast it is considered bad form to forget to take in your "dirty laundry" (fenders.) For one thing, if you're in the ocean or up on a plane, they tend to disappear if you leave them exposed. I went for many years never buying fenders, as I'd always find a couple of good ones adrift every year.

Back
Top Bottom