Happy Birthday Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
Among the many blessings I can count, one stands out way above the rest and that is my Mother-in-Law. She's been a great MIL, so much so that I call her Mom and give her hugs and kisses every time we see each other. Mom is in a long term care facility about 15 minutes from home so we're over there every couple of days.

Yesterday's visit was a special one because we were celebrating her 105th birthday. She is in hospice care so we can go inside the facility to visit face to face, not just through a window. Guardian Angels, the home she's in, decorated her room with about 25 balloons and provided ice cream to go with the birthday cake we brought. We bought a 6-layer, 1/2 sheet cake that could just about feed everyone in town. We wanted enough to share it with the 6-8 other residents in her home plus all the staff from her home as well as the administrative staff. All of the staff have been great and have treated Mom like an angel so we didn't want them left out,

Among the mamy blessings we enjoy are wonderful neighbors. Four of them plus one's dog showed up, decked out in their Christmas garb. They stood outside her window and sang Christmas Carols to Mom, then sang Happy Birthday. Then it was time to open gifts and cut the cake.

There was even a photographer from the newspaper there to take some photos. She interviewed Tina to get some background info on how a little girl from a little town in Montana (Ingomar) ended up in the Tri-Cities. It's a long story, about 105 years long.

A good time was had by all. I must admit that I never expected anyone to get to 105 and be in such good physical and mental condition as she is.

20201212-135243.jpg

20201212-140651.jpg

20201212-140838.jpg

20201212-144807.jpg

20201212-144906.jpg

Happy Birthday Mom, we love you and hope for many more birthdays.

Nice job GFC.

Why is she is hospice care if she is in good physical and mental health?

Is it an age thing?

Wifey B: 105 and in good mental condition is the miracle of miracles. She's so lucky, and in turn, you are. Glad you got to celebrate with her. :dance:

We just had our best friend and her mother able to fly to Spain (charter) and celebrate the final days of Carmen's grandparents, Christina's parents. They even moved Christmas forward so they could have a final Christmas and made it one for all times. Then the grandmother drifted into peace and the grandfather less than 24 hours later. What a blessing they were able to be there and a blessing you were able to celebrate with your mother in law. It contrasts so starkly with those dying alone and children not being able to hold their hands and tell them they're there for them. :cry:

So many deaths right now, but so many lonely deaths. Thanks for sharing a beautiful celebratory story.

Tell her I said she doesn't look at day over 60. Good thing she's in a hospice center or all these hot 40 and 50 year old men would be chasing her as a cougar. :D

I've always said I want to live to 120, but never meant it. However, after seeing her at 105, I now do want to live to 105. Doubt I'd be mentally as sharp as her but with me, not sure anyone would notice the difference. :rofl:

Thanks, WifeyB. She is a real pleasure to have around and we're all going to miss her when she passes.

That's fantastic!

My wife's grandmother Agnes lived to 105. When we helped her move to the home another guest inquired of her age (then 103). He, being 85 at the time, said "Jes- Chr- I hope I don't live that long!" As I recall, he didn't.

When I asked Agnes what kept her going she replied "I have no idea, I just keep waking up every morning. If the Lord calls, I'll go!" He did eventually and she passed, peacefully.

That's fantastic!

When I asked Agnes what kept her going she replied "I have no idea, I just keep waking up every morning. If the Lord calls, I'll go!" He did eventually and she passed, peacefully.
Mom credits her longevity to garlic and wine. Who's to say she's wrong?

A lovely woman and story. Happy Birthday!! Kudos for making it all happen. Our world needs every bit of love we can muster. Good job!

Back
Top Bottom