Furuno in Australia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earlier you mentioned TimeZero software running on a PC. Is that a more realistic option? You can probably buy it as a download so will only pay whatever exchange rate is applicable. It would integrate with a Furuno radar which to me would be worth it even if more costly, but everything else can be whatever.

Earlier you mentioned TimeZero software running on a PC. Is that a more realistic option? You can probably buy it as a download so will only pay whatever exchange rate is applicable. It would integrate with a Furuno radar which to me would be worth it even if more costly, but everything else can be whatever.

Yes I can buy TimeZero Navigator for a reasonable price and run it on a NUC in the wheelhouse no problem. But when I want something on the flying bridge I need to go back to an MFD to be weatherproof.

If I had the Furuno radar integrated to the TimeZero PC then on the flying bridge I would also need the Furuno radar, so the MFD on the flying bridge would need to be Furuno too.

Then we start going down the slippery slope of the costs for all of the other components to integrate with the Furuno MFD.

But I have not discounted that option yet.

If I had the Furuno radar integrated to the TimeZero PC then on the flying bridge I would also need the Furuno radar, so the MFD on the flying bridge would need to be Furuno too.

Then we start going down the slippery slope of the costs for all of the other components to integrate with the Furuno MFD.

I'd guess almost anything else will integrate, once you have a Furuno MFD and radar.

Might need one of several specific transducers to fully support the MFD's built in fish-finder/bottom discrimination function, though... the one we selected wasn't a huge cost item.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom