Raymarine Axiom 9 chartplotter dark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhance

Vessel Name
Audrey Grace
Vessel Make
2003 Camano 31
I am running the Navionics on a Raymarine Axiom running the Lighthouse software. My main cruising area is bright and detailed, but surrounding areas are dark (but still detailed). I notice this on the Navionics app on my phone, but on my phone I just zoom in and the darkness becomes bright and detailed. My chartplotter keeps wanting to sync to my phone, and I believe this is what screwed things up. I have removed the micro sd card and reinstalled while switching off my phone's sync, but I get only a small "bright" cruising detail area of about 100nm, and everything around it is shaded dark.

Did you use your phone at the beginning to update the software. Why are you preventing an update now? I turned mine on and it said updating weeks after install. Maybe it wants to download what is dark now.

Never used my phone to update Raymarine charts. I have been updating via the micro sd cart. This has happened before when my phone connects to the chartplotter and I see "sync error" on my navionics app when trying to sync to chartplotter. Chartplotter then has issues. I disable the sync function on my phone but it keeps turning itself back on.

Did you use your phone at the beginning to update the software. Why are you preventing an update now? I turned mine on and it said updating weeks after install. Maybe it wants to download what is dark now.

Sync may be the other function of syncing your devices with Navionics.
The light areas are downloaded and dark can be.
Your description of the SD card suggests you do not have all the charts on the SD card an it wants to sync.

Thank you. I ended up reinstalling the charts via the chart installer on my computer. Works again. Worked fine until devices started wanting to talk to each other. Disabled that functionality for now!

Sync may be the other function of syncing your devices with Navionics.
The light areas are downloaded and dark can be.
Your description of the SD card suggests you do not have all the charts on the SD card an it wants to sync.

I installed the chart plotter on the CB. Using the wifi feature and an MSDisplay dongle I have a monitor in the lower station that displays the chartplotter. I like this feature, dual stations, one chartplotter.

Bought new electronics for our new to us boat. It had old RM when bought . Some of our prior boats had RM and navionics. Choose Simrad due to prior difficulties with updating RM software and also dislike navionics. Much happier now with Simrad and C-map (among others).

Virtually everyone allows your phone or pad to display the MFD screen as well as update all devices from any single one of your MFDs. Had one part of one screen in a RM system go down. Had three MFDs on that boat. Only fix was to replace all 3 or run one outside the network limiting its functionality. This defect isn’t limited to just RM to my understanding.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom