Espar Heater Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rebel112r

Guru
Vessel Name
Rogue
Vessel Make
North Pacific 42
Over the years I have had 5 different Espar forced air and 1 hydronic heater. All have been regularly maintained, by me, and have performed well. The most current is a D5l Airtronic, vintage 2007. The heater has been getting noisier as time goes by. Had it apart a year ago, all looked good blower bearing seemed OK, but at speed blower is only moving part that could be making noise. I looked at buying a new blower motor Assy, cost about 800 dollars. I looked at buying a whole new heater, US cost 2k+. I came across a UK company that sell Espar, their price, 1252 US delivered. I inquired about duty costs, and really didn’t get a firm answer. I bit the bullet and took my chances on duty. Ordered heater on Sept 27, it shipped on the 28, and on a FedEx to Seattle the same day. Sat in Seattle till early Monday, and was at my door by noon October 1. Unbelievable to me, and no duty charged. Installed same day and works just fine. The older heater is identical, so I have lots of spares, and a brand new spare pump which came with heater.

Thanks for the tip. I also have Espar and it's good to have another parts source.

Back
Top Bottom