Coastal Explorer Question: Measuring Distances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
I know this must be in CE somewhere, I've just never been able to find it.

Is there a way to measure distance between two points? For example, in Navionics, there is a small 'dividers' icon where you can quickly measure distance. Is there a similar function in CE? I've tried right-clicking, settings, etc. I'm hesitant to ask because I'm pretty sure there's a simple answer I overlooked (e.g. operator-error)

Thanks in advance -

Peter

I know this must be in CE somewhere, I've just never been able to find it.

Is there a way to measure distance between two points? For example, in Navionics, there is a small 'dividers' icon where you can quickly measure distance. Is there a similar function in CE? I've tried right-clicking, settings, etc. I'm hesitant to ask because I'm pretty sure there's a simple answer I overlooked (e.g. operator-error)

Thanks in advance -

Peter

Bottom center of the screen there is a + sign for creating routes, boundary circles etc. One of the choices is a range line. That will let you create a line between two points, and it will show range and bearing. At least that’s how I do it.

Bottom center of the screen there is a + sign for creating routes, boundary circles etc. One of the choices is a range line. That will let you create a line between two points, and it will show range and bearing. At least that’s how I do it.
Thanks TT. Exactly what I was hoping for. BTW - "Line/Area" also works.

Peter

20220103_092041.jpg

Last edited:
…or if you look at the route (right click, route details) you can see distances and bearings between way-points.

IIRC, WRT other distances and bearings from the boat, you can mouse to any location and it will give range and bearing at the CORRECTION BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN ABOVE THE SCALE AND CHART TYPE. You can mouse all over the screen to different locations, boats or features and range and bearings change accordingly. You don’t need to open a screen or anything.

Jim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom