Sunbrella SeaMark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeroAmore 3

I am using Linen Sunbrella Marine fabric for the enclosure on my Mainship Pilot and it is time to replace it. I like the linen color but not the mildew stains. :) Has anyone used Sunbrella SeaMark and if so, are you happy with it?
Thanks,
Ron

Ron, I have Seamark on my Albin 27FC and have been using it year-round for the past eight years. It was installed by my PO about two years before I bought it. It still looks great after 10 years. I have the full enclosure for the winter months, but my top has only been off for a day when I replaced the boltrope strip under the aft end of my hardtop ( the aluminum strip) last year. The top and enclosure panels are still the original color and still very flexible (like new). I highly recommend it. Ben

Seamark has a tendency to mildew quite a bit in hot humid environments. We had linen tweed seamark on our previous trawler with a three sided enclosure in NC. We had to remove the Bimini a few times a year to clean the mildew off. Not a big deal, but it does mildew in certain environments. And make sure to 303 on the top side in a regular basis for UV protection.

Back
Top Bottom