Stunning Gulfstar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plus seaworthiness for a boat that hardly ever leaves the ICW or loop and mostly lives in marinas is hysterical.
My brother in law bought a moderate sized pontoon boat and turned it into a houseboat. In the process, he added a whole lot of weight to it. Didn't really worry about how the balance or windage was changed by his modifications.

Second time he took it out on the Chesapeake Bay -- on a relatively calm day -- it capsized and he was damned lucky that he didn't kill any of his family as a result!

Every, single boat on the water needs a certain amount of "seaworthiness" just to keep it from being a death-trap!

I agree ....but it is impossible to tell "stability" from a picture.....and how much a vessel needs to survive on inland waters.

I agree that it's butt ugly.

Now I have a question that I've thought about. A friend wants to buy a bigger boat and is looking at a Carver Mariner. Here's a photo of one.

I'm sorry but I think this is one of the ugliest boats ever to hit the water. If any of you own one, I'm sorry, and I'm sorry if you're offended.

Now to my question. If a friend of yours was relatively new to boating and was about to buy a REAL ugly boat, would you share your opinion with him, or would you just keep your trap shut?
276483_p_t_640x480_image01.jpg

Might look better if the hull was painted a different color?
I dont think it has an inside steering station.

Going through all 500 pages,playing catch up
At least you're going chronologically. Been working backwards in time for a while now resurrecting old threads.

What was that old cartoon with the dog Prof. Peabody and his boy Sherman? They had a way-back machine too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom