SeaDek CAD file for 2003 Mainship 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Byekurman

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Seawood
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
I am considering having SeaDek installed on my 2003 Mainship 390. The local rep indicates that they have to scan the boat and develop a cad file for $500. They indicated they don't have a cad file for my boat. I have seen their product on several boats like mine. I wondered if there is someone that may have this CAD file and would be willing to share it. Please also let me know your opinion of this product. As always thank you for your kind advice.

I doubt the local rep would cut it using a scan of another boat even if you could find one. Too many ways that could go sideways and him loose.

I think that Seadek corporate offers a DIY pattern making system. Then they scan that in and clean it up a bit.

I think that Seadek corporate offers a DIY pattern making system. Then they scan that in and clean it up a bit.

They do offer a kit. Basically mylar by the sheet and a sharpie. I know it isn't rocket science but it looks like the kind of thing that could become a mess fast if you make one mistake. $500 sounds like a lot to do a cockpit but if the OP is doing all of the deck surfaces on a 40 foot it sounds like a bargain to me.

No it isn’t rocket science but it is pretty easy to do. I have patterned much more complex things and they have worked out fine. I wouldn’t hesitate to pattern a Sea Deck project.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom