Sea Wise Davit System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
Does anybody have a Main-ship with a Sea Wise Davit system?
The reason I ask is I bought a used used Sea Wise Davit system and need a new attachment that mounts on the dingy and attaches to the swim platform.
I contacted Sea Wise and they don't seem to want to sell me any replacement parts. They say every system is custom built. I can't disagree with some of the parts, but the clip I'm talking about is a cast stainless steal piece and I can believe they custom build this part for every unit they sell. I'll try and upload a picture of the item I need.

Attachments

• Sea Wise Boat Clip 3.jpg
    Sea Wise Boat Clip 3.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 35
I had a Sea Wise davit system on a previous boat. It indeed was custom built for that boat. Maybe call and talk to Stuart and see if he can help. At the time I bought my system he was the owner and was very helpful.

What is wrong with that part, wondering if some one can fix it locally. I too bought a used Seawise and I had to have bars, etc made up for the dinghy, they were made locally.

I have their davit system on my '06 34T. Stuart was very helpful in setting me up with replacement parts. I purchased the latch castings and latch handles plus all of the associated hardware. He looked up my boat (by name) in his records and even knew the install date. Hopefully you just caught him on a bad day. Good luck.

Steve

I second what Comodave said. Each system is custom made for the mothership and the dinghy. Stuart probably doesn't want to sell you something that he can't verify.

Jim

See Wise Davit

I second what Comodave said. Each system is custom made for the mothership and the dinghy. Stuart probably doesn't want to sell you something that he can't verify.

Jim

I think your observation is correct. I was able to talk to Stuart. He did sell me the parts I needed and does want to make sure that I install this system properly and make sure it works as it could be a reflection of his company. He has asked that I send him measurements of the standing post and swim platform brackets so he can be assured the system will operate properly. This is all good to know for anyone out there that is thinking of buying a used system. I am confident it will work on my boat.

Not to hijack the thread but I've been wondering... When you launch the tender can you then remove the brackets? How about the brackets and post on the swim platform? When the dink is in the water I don't want a lot of hardware in the way. Thanks.

No the brackets stay and so does the winch stand. The brackets aren’t obtrusive but are similar to Weaver brackets but way more robust. The winch stand is bolted down and has support brackets that go to the transom. I never thought it was in the way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom